Concrete shed adaption

Discussion in 'Getting Started FAQ' started by Chris Stallard, May 23, 2023.

1. Chris Stallard

Chris Stallard New Member

Please could someone advise? I have a concrete shed, together with an old coal bunker attached, with a dividing wall. The roof is a concrete slab. I would like to remove the dividing wall so the coal bunker becomes part of the shed, my question is...if I remove the dividing wall, do I need to install 'Acrow props' so as to support the concrete roof, or will the roof be stable enough? The concrete coal bunker/shed combined is just under 10ft long, with a depth of 6ft. Please could anyone advise? Thank you.

2. Mark Griffiths

Mark Griffiths Active Member

I don't think you're going to be able to get anyone to say that it's safe without at the very least some dimensions of the slab and some images.

The best answer you can get here is to get someone in & get some proper structural calcs' done.

Chris Stallard and CGN like this.
  3. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

As above. I was working with a family member a good few years back doing an extension and that required knocking down an outhouse with a concrete roof. It’s not something you want coming down on your bonce. Is the shed brick with a concrete roof?

4. Chris Stallard

Chris Stallard New Member

Hi thank you for replying. The shed is concrete. Just under 10ft long by 6ft. The roof is a concrete slab. There is a dividing wall between the two red doors.

Attached Files: