Concrete waterstop

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Murray Arnold, Jun 12, 2019 at 7:51 AM.

Tags:
  1. Murray Arnold

Murray Arnold New Member

Good day. Can anyone tell me the minimum required overlap for a dry (not welded) waterstop. Its a containment wall.
    Thanks

2. Severntrent

Severntrent Active Member

3. Murray Arnold

Murray Arnold New Member

If you don't understand the question it means you don't know what I mean, which means you have no experience with the subject so instead of just replying with a series of question marks maybe you should go on Google and read about water stops in concrete walls.

4. Dam0n

Dam0n Active Member

Maybe you should go on Google and read about waterstops in concrete walls... Then you might not have a question at all.

dobbie, goldenboy and WillyEckerslike like this.
  5. Murray Arnold

Murray Arnold New Member

Wow. Would never have thought. Tried that. Could fund the answer, hence I joined a forum full if idiots. May as well leave this forum. Or I will be an idiot also.
    Have a wonderful day all

6. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Well-Known Member

No need to be rude Murray.

What it means is that like you, we don't know the answer to your question. I've worked with bentonite water stop matting before which required a 150 to 225mm overlap which was used with a conversely deep compression layer ie 150mm overlap used a 225mm layer and vice versa. In truth we couldn't be that accurate with the equipment to hand so everything got done at 225mm if I recall correctly. It was a long time ago. I also doubt that it is relevant in answering your question as the scenario was entirely different.

Severn Trent's response was fine, a simple way of saying 'not sure what you mean here fella'. He simply asked what most of us were thinking. I think you'll find that the onus is on you to do the google leg work not us, as it's you that needs the answer. If one of us knew what you needed to know I guarantee you would have received a valid answer to you question. Just because you're out of your depth on a project doesn't make us all idiots.

What I think you need Murray is some civil engineering expertise which you're not really going to find in any great depth on here - or for free anywhere else I imagine.

Good luck with it- seriously

Dam0n likes this.
  7. sparky steve

sparky steve Member

Hope this may be of some help?

Attached Files:

8. goldenboy

goldenboy Well-Known Member

You have a wonderful day too Murray.

Regards,

A. N. Idiot

Dam0n likes this.
  9. Severntrent

Severntrent Active Member

No worries all just could not understand what he meant by an overlap waterstop, having been involved with design of water retaining structures in the past could not see the point of an overlap because integrity of the seal is instantly broken.Perhaps I should have just put one question mark and not upset him, sorry he tarred everyone with the same brush, bit like me saying every OP is a uptight t*at. To uptight t*at, possibly looking on servicised or expandite info sheets my give you relevent info( then again they may have been taken over since I last used them)