Condensing Boilers

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Frank O'File, Oct 15, 2003.

1. Frank O'File

Frank O'File New Member

Hi, anyone had experience of these, are they any good? I'm thinking of changing my old floor standing for one of these, B&Q are doing Ravenheat cheaply at the moment, Screwfix dont seem to do them any more! Which one would I need for a conventional system, I shall convert the gravity fed HW to pumped.
    Cheers.

2. chtechie

chtechie Member

Haven't had to fault many and I've been in the business many years. You'll going to need to rewire your system to enable boiler control of the pump (pump overrun facility)and if you've gravity HW you'll need a valve (2 or 3 port depending on current install) and tank stat.

3. BruceB

BruceB New Member

I have installed a couple in my properties in the last few years. Very pleased with results. Some people say they are more 'fragile' than ordinary boilers because of the extra complexity, but others can debate that. On my first one, a Baxi Barcelona, the ignition electrode did wear out after 18 months and need replacing, but an easy job and otherwise fine.

You do have to install a condensate drain. Not difficult unless you are putting the boiler into a cellar!