Confused

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by WillyEckerslike, May 29, 2018.

1. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Well-Known Member

So has DA got himself permanently banned or has he deleted himself? Not seen a reference to a deleted member before. I assume Chippie got banned but his posts still exist under his name. A motoring forum I used to frequent indicated that a member was banned in the spot where ours might say 'active member' or equivalent but their posts remained (excluding the one(s) that got them banned I imagine)
    Does anyone know how it works?

2. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

Didn't think DA would last long after his recent ban,was just too tempting to resist,him commenting/winding someone up....:rolleyes::D

3. CGN

CGN Well-Known Member

Don't know, don't care!

They're both fine fellows, but for a diy forum etc blah blah blah, I felt that its gone off the rails. Nothing wrong with off topic debates, but rather than a bit of banter, the forum has ended up getting sidetracked. A lot of the old school have been pushed out, apparently due to their foolish and ignorant views, but them again, this is the SF forum...for diyers and the like. For some, its comforting and easy to be 'top dog', only to get their throat ripped out on another more 'appropriate' forum!.

WillyEckerslike, KIAB and Sparkielev like this.
  4. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Well-Known Member

You right for a diy forum topics tend to get a bit toxic

5. WillyEckerslike

That's true. Especially if the sparkies reach for the regulations.......

Sparkielev, btiw2 and KIAB like this.
  6. CGN

CGN Well-Known Member

I'm quite happy to jump into a good debate, but there is only one outcome with political debate...one of bad feeling. This is easily exacerbated due to being part of a forum and participating in a virtual format. I'm all for challenging the 'viewer' but come on, its tedious at best, and overall becomes less interesting than the very un-interesting question of which brand of caulk to use?!

And then we have the pedants, the persons, that will fight their corner to the bitter end to ensure the job is done correctly and the correct terminology is used. These people will 'never stray from the path', as they are too scared to try anything new, or perhaps even make a mistake. My way or the highway...you are wrong and I will kill you to prove that the brand of silicon I use will be whiter 5 years down the line than the one you use...especially as you are a brexiteer! :D

7. Sparkielev

Theres a battle happening right now on the sparkies forum

8. CGN

CGN Well-Known Member

I'd be worried if there wasn't! I think its about rocket trajectories or something simple like that. Probably about the more complicated matter of which brand of fast fix box to use!

Sparkielev, WillyEckerslike and KIAB like this.
  9. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

Always at least one a week.:D

Sparkielev and CGN like this.
  10. WillyEckerslike

Do you think their forum should be called 'Electricians Argue'?

11. Sparkielev

Im retraining as a plumber

KIAB, WillyEckerslike and CGN like this.
  12. WillyEckerslike

It's only a forum......

KIAB and Sparkielev like this.