Connecting chrome bottle trap to 40mm pipe

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by azizrasul, Sep 10, 2019.

1. azizrasul

azizrasul Member

I have a chrome bottle trap, with a horitzontal 35mm pipe, which I want to connect to a verticaal 40mm white plastic waste pipe coming up from the ground. How do I do this?

2. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  3. azizrasul

azizrasul Member

Many thanks.

4. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Well-Known Member

Or can use solvent weld pipe and fittings and reducers

The compression fittings are rather ‘chunky’, not a problem if not on show but if exposed, can slim things down somewhat with solvent weld

Just another option (sorry no links) o_O

5. Hans_25

Hans_25 Active Member

Solvent weld is great as long as the pipes are an exact fit/size, may well need a compression fitting for the 35mm pipe and compression fitting is v useful if you ever need to take the thing out. Assume the bottle trap will be compression.

6. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

Thinking the same.:)

7. Heat

Heat Well-Known Member

If waste pipe is for push fit, then obviously you would have to use only push fit or compression.
    But if it is solvent weld pipe you also have the option of push fit universal fittings which have a larger diameter and heavier seals.

8. KIAB

KIAB Well-Known Member

Chrome pipe might be metal or plastic chrome finish pipe.

9. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Well-Known Member

He’s also gonna have to use a 90 bend as talking about horizontal pipe from waste, joining into vertical pipe from floor

The trap will be compression at sink end and onto waste pipe so forever removable for future cleaning / blockages

Also then gives access to pipe for above issues

Just saying that solv weld is a neater / space saving way forward but yes, depends what type pipe coming outta floor at present

As we know, compression here is much more forgiving with slightly different pipe sizes / brands / systems / but ...... boy is it bulky ;)