Connecting flexible tap hoses to plastic pipework

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Dannyj84, Jul 27, 2021.

1. Dannyj84

Dannyj84 New Member

I did think this actually. But I've opened them more and also the pressure in the sink upstairs is good.

2. jonathanc

jonathanc Screwfix Select

pressure and flow are two different things i'm afraid. ignore the pressure at the tap and look for a blockage

3. Tilt

Tilt Active Member

Kinked hose.............. not keen on them sort of taps, sorry bud.

Fitted quite a few for Ikea customers. The long hoses can be a pita.

4. pppmacca43

pppmacca43 Super Member

The hose on the tap? It’s not that long and it’s protected by a ‘cage’

5. Tilt

Tilt Active Member

Not sure if it is the same but the hoses usually (afaik) hang underneath the sink, with a weight on them to aid retraction.
    But there is very often some plumbing work in the way. Certainly a pita to fit them sometimes and get them retracting properly. :)

just pumps likes this.
  6. pppmacca43

pppmacca43 Super Member

Na it’s not one of those ones (I don’t think) mate. I agree they are a pain in the neck. It’s fixed so u can’t pull it out any further than it is but u can obviously move it about.
    Like this one in the photo, the hose is only what u can see in the photo, it doesn’t go beneath the sink and can’t be pulled out. The tap swivels like a normal monobloc spout would.

Attached Files:

Tilt likes this.
  7. Tilt

Tilt Active Member

@pppmacca43
    Gotcha bud. I looked again at the Op's pictures. Yes, if it doesn't retract at all then you are correct....

I don't like that one either..... Shhhhh. (sorry Op) but just personal choice obviously.

pppmacca43 likes this.