Conservatory conversion foundations

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by amarok88, Jun 12, 2019.

1. amarok88

amarok88 Member

Hi guys,
    I have a dwarf wall conservatory with a nearly full size back wall (12inch windows at top).
    It was built in 2006 and is on the planning portal and therefore done to the more recent regs as updated in 2006.
    Its double skin with insulated cavity and a solid concrete floor with electric under floor heating.
    I presume this means the floor will be insulated and have a dpm as it would have needed to for regs and the floor heating.

My question is: can i convert this into a single storey extention by adding pillars, lintels etc to support a tile roof.
    I am happy with all of this bit but its the foundations i am unsure of.
    The ground is hard and you cannot get under the floor of my bungalow at the back due to hard ground. My recent extension trench to the side of the bungalow, where the ground is a little softer, could only get 550mm deep.

Anyway i have dug down the side of the conservatory and the concrete is 300mm deep. Would this be enough the continue building on? I dont want to bother putting in a building notice if it needs starting from scratch

Cheers