Conservatory leak...

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Drago, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Drago

Drago New Member

Hi everyone,
    I have a lean to L shaped conny which wraps round the house. (bought the house already like this) It is insulated and plastered inside (my doing) but still has the polycarb roof. We are getting a leak when it rains sometimes. Its either the wind blowing it under the flashing? or when the rains in the right direction it gets in via the bricks which i believe need repointing.

Problem i have is there is zero access to this brickwork unless i crawl on top which i dont fancy doing. Is there anything else I could try to maybe seal the bricks/mortar joints to see if it makes a difference something i could do without the need to be up close?

Any ideas welcome that dont involve ripping the plaster and insulation down or replacing the roof ;)

2. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Have a looksee if the polycarbonate sheets will slide down if you remove the stops at the bottom. Then access from inside off stepladder or short ladder.

3. Drago

Drago New Member

I cant access from inside. Should have been more clear, it is the roof i had insulated and plastered. I will have a look for movement from outside

4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Got some photo's.:)