conservatory

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by onceachippy, Nov 1, 2003.

1. onceachippy

onceachippy New Member

can anyone tell me why my conservatory windows are misted up every morning but the window next to it is'nt.its not the sealed units, its the outside thats misted up,hope someone knows,thanx

2. supersparky

supersparky New Member

might be cos in the night the windows get cold then in the morning there is a sudden rise in temp but the windows are still cold, and then you get condensation....

BR

3. onceachippy

onceachippy New Member

thanx supersparky.my neighbours con doesn't seem to suffer the same prob

4. supersparky

supersparky New Member

pheraps its thiner glass on theirs? and warms faster?

5. onceachippy

onceachippy New Member

both same 24mm,i do beleive you but the mrs keeps askin,i've told her the answers you gave but all i get is there's don't

6. supersparky

supersparky New Member

lol, no satisfyin some, i think there is a covering you can get like an anti mist spray, phreps theirs has it already? dont know where you can buy it
    also is there an open drain or pond or anything like that that gives off moisture?
    BR

7. onceachippy

onceachippy New Member

like it supersparky your in the wrong field.my patio well it will be if it stops raining is flooded at the mo thats probably it cheers

8. supersparky

supersparky New Member

another solution you could try is: shut the missus out there the night, then ask her in the morn if it was cold, if it was, thats your problem......;-)

BR

9. onceachippy

onceachippy New Member

i'm likin these answers better every reply i'll mention that one to her,see if she goes for it lol

10. supersparky

supersparky New Member

11. Jack

Jack New Member

An old trick on car windscreens to prevent misting:
    cut a potato in half & rub it over the glass.

(I'm almost certain it was a potato - may have been an onion or a lemon, though!)

12. Nigel

Nigel New Member

The conservatory is poorly insulated so is cold in the morning and early morning due condenses on the cold window.The window nearby is in the house? so is warmer preventing the condensation.

13. Nigel

Nigel New Member

To prevent window in car misting polish with neat washing up liquid, breaks the surface tension not allowing the mist to form.

14. Dr Who

Dr Who New Member

Its a long shot, but do you have a boiler flue near the conservatory??

Dr Who

15. RustyWindows

RustyWindows New Member

The reason your glass is steaming up on the outside is due to the fact that the sealed units in your conservatory incorporate a low-e glass (possibly Pilkington 'K'). It is a downside of a HIGH performance unit which you will have to learn to live with. I could bore u with the technical explanation but that would remove the condensation

16. jj

jj New Member

Shaving foam is also a good anti-mister, try it on one half of your bathroom mirror before taking a bath or shower !