Construction Handbook

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by PlumbyGas, Aug 3, 2018.

1. PlumbyGas

PlumbyGas Member

Just looking for some recommendations.

My father gave me a construction handbook that was released in 2008 (I believe)

It was fantastic to have as a reference book for lapse of memory, once or twice an over zealous building control officer and for customers when having the conversations of;
    "Does it really need that"
    "I would just do it like this......"
    "My husband/wife said that is not how you do it."
    and the new one.
    "I looked on YouTube and......"

It was great as you could just quickly open the book and show them illustrations of how elements should be constructed, had the hows and whys and the regs that need to be met and conformed to.

However I lent this to a friend and it has now gone missing I can't find the original book that my father gave me and anyways it obviously was a little out of date.

I'm just looking for a recommendation for a new book like this that covers general areas of building.

I believe it was called "The Construction Handbook" had a yellow and black front cover with some generic technical drawings on it.

Many Thanks
    PG

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

3. PlumbyGas

PlumbyGas Member

You absolute dancer!! That first link is the one lost.

Thanks very much for the speedy reply!

Now to find the most expensive copy I can find and pass the link on to my friend to replace.

Cheers
    PG

KIAB likes this.
  4. facilities

facilities Guest

Dancer? You do realise that’s Cockney rhyming slang for chancer

5. PlumbyGas

PlumbyGas Member

Good thing I'm Scottish

gadget man likes this.