Construction workers wages to rise post brexit.

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Crowsfoot, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Crowsfoot

Crowsfoot Screwfix Select

Some good news in the Daily Star today chaps we're all in for a huge wage rise post brexit.:):):)

"As Brexit bites and foreign tradesmen begin to go home, Brits will turn to homegrown workers.
    Thanks to the demand for new workers, apprentices will trouser around £2,000 a year above the national average by 2022 even as they learn on the job.
    DIY chain Screwfix has surveyed thousands of workers in the industries and found that the highest earners will be plumbers and electricians, with pay set to reach £31,000.
    The average annual salary of a tradesman will be more than £27,500 in four years’ time, said the chain."

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/la...mbers-electricians-bricklayers-apprenticeship

facilities likes this.
  2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

You read the Daily Star :eek::eek::eek::eek:

3. Crowsfoot

What's up with it?
    30p Bargain!:)

4. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Toilet paper is cheaper and that's all I'd use The Star for.

Jord86 likes this.
  5. facilities

facilities Guest

So then Chippie that’s the Daily Star & Daily Mail off the menue which do you suggest as a good reliable read, perhaps the Morning Star ?

Crowsfoot don’t think Pimlico Plumbers will be to happy with that news according to what you read they make about £100,000 pa now,

Hopefully the info is correct and in general trades will be better off post Brexit

6. Crowsfoot

I think so too.
    I can see some logic in the article (once you separate the wheat from the chaff) .

7. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I buy The Sun to see what the opposition are up to and I like doing the crossword in the pub on the way home, I subscribe to The Guardian and The New York Times online during the week and buy The Saturday Guardian to have a magazine to read in the bog during the week.
    I get notifications from the BBC, The Daily Mirror and The Independent.
    I try to keep a balance.

Jord86, Crowsfoot and facilities like this.
  8. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

Are the opposition on page three?

9. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

There are no page 3 girls anymore and I was never a fan of them.

10. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

Linda Lusardi was my favourite.;)

11. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

12. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I worked with her for a while, very boring.

13. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

14. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

As I said, "you're too old".
    And they probably meant 'physically', rather than the 'right' to classify oneself as whatever you choose.

Vote Corby....
    Be whatever you demand to be!.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  15. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

If I want to identify as being 21 then that is my right...

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  16. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

Of course it's your right Chippie.....................................as is your right to be Gay, Bi, Trans, Undecided or anything else................................unless of course you is white, over 50 and hetrosexual. In that case you is the scum of the earth, your views are worthless and of course you should just shut up and accept whatever other peeps think of you.

17. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

By reading the Mirror, the Guardian, the Independent and the BBC ? Bet ya never got anyone to play with ya on the seesaw when you were a kid. ;);)

18. No, that's only true of some over-50 heterosexuals.

19. So the cost to the public of hiring a chippy, plumber, sparky or other tradespeep is going to go up as a result of a shortage post-Brexit?

That makes sense.

Add to that the rise in cost of food, cars, clothes... and JoePubic is gonna be well pleased with their decision.

20. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

So let me get this straight. A retired teacher, on an index linked public sector pension, is saying the rest of are all earning too much?
    That should go down well.:)