Contactum RCD - Sutable replacment

Discussion in 'Engineers' Talk' started by nutmeg1975, Jan 3, 2015.

1. nutmeg1975

nutmeg1975 Member

Hi all,

I have a customer with a faulty Contactum RCD - (80a - 30mA).
    Existing until is a B8003/2.
    I know these are discontinued but does anyone know a suitable replacement that will fit the board?
    (Wylex/ Hager?)

Going back on Monday to fix and is about 30miles away, so looking to pick one up on way
    (customer out in the sticks, so not wholesaler nearby).

Thank you.

2. flateric

flateric Well-Known Member

They reckon that all board components should be kept the same, you may find a supplier somewhere with one lying around.

FatHands likes this.
  3. flateric

Probably not within your time scale though :)

4. flateric

510.2 Every item of equipment shall be selected and erected so as to allow compliance with the regulations
    stated in this chapter and the relevant regulations in other parts ofBS 7671 and shall take account of manufacturers' instructions.

If not, the insurance just love a get out clause ......... And that could well be it :D

5. FatHands

FatHands Well-Known Member

Assuming this is what you are after and you can re-arrange for later in the week. :)

6. Allybally

Allybally Member

Might be wrong but do TLC sell one, I know they sell MCB's that can be bought with a converter that will convert a new mcb into the same bus bar footprint as an old one, may this apply

Ally

7. Paul Follis

Paul Follis New Member

Hi Nutmeg, TLC have discontinued their stock of these.. I went to a job yesterday and have exactly the same thing... ramp test 17mA. I'm pretty sure the modern equivalent Contactum will fit on the standard top hat rail with bus bar connections in the same place. My supplier is currently checking out this info for me and I'll let you know if not too late
    Cheers
    Paul

8. David20002

David20002 New Member

Hi I know its an old post but do the new contactum RCDs fit the old 10 year + boards? I had the same issue today.

9. Teki

Teki Screwfix Select

Your best bet would be to check with Contactum or alternatively have a look on auction sites for an original RCD for that board. Don't try and fit another brand or fit a newer one which doesn't quite sit properly in the DIN rail with the cover on.