Cooker hood vent to lean-to

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by Jarmex, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Jarmex

Jarmex New Member

Hi all,

I am currently renovating our kitchen, and as part of this I want to install a cooker hood with an external vent. The cooker will be located on an external wall, which should hopefully make running it to outside a fairly easy DIY job. The problem is that there is a lean-to immediately behind this wall (very basic construction with corrugated plastic roof, currently not used for anything other than storage). The hood shaft will be above the lean-to, but I will likely be looking at less than a foot between the top of the lean-to and the exit for the vent.

Is this likely to cause any problems, for example grease build up on top of the lean-to? Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks all, have a good Easter!

2. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

I'd say it'll prob be just fine...bigger problems to sweat over :)

3. madhatter1uk

madhatter1uk Screwfix Select

You could extend it out and up a bit

4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Will not be a problem, my cooker vents outside barely 150mm above a grp flat roof no grease at all, because it caught by the filters in the hood first.:)
    Also put a slight fall on the pipe, so any moisture in the pipe runs out, & doesn't lie in the pipe & go mouldy.

5. Jarmex

Jarmex New Member

Great, thanks everyone, appreciate your time!