Copy of 13th Edition anyone?

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by pcelectrics, Mar 21, 2008.

1. pcelectrics

pcelectrics New Member

I have a copy of pages 136 & 137 of the 13th edition regs (defo from 1966, so I think it's 13th ed). These pages have the tabulated ratings for imperial cables (table 3).

Above the table in bold print it says:
    "The ratings tabulated apply where the cable is provided with coarse excess-current protection. For close excess-current protection see rating factor below"

In the rating factors below the table it says:
    "The ratings tabulated may be multiplied by 1.33 where close excess-current protection can be assured (see item 2(b) on page 127)"

Does anyone out in Screwfixforumland have a copy of 13th edition and can either reproduce the text of item 2(b) from page 127 in this thread or post a scan on a photo host site?

I want to know what is meant by close and coarse excess-current protection. My current interpretation is that course is 3036 rewirable and close is 1361 fuses or MCBs. This would certainly make sense as the 1.33 multiplication factor applied to table 3 would be the same as the 0.75 factor applied to 16th ed'n ratings for 3036 rewirables.

My ultimate goal here is to understand imperial cable ratings better as I come across a fair bit of it during CU changes.

2. wally

wally Screwfix Select

If my memory serves me correctly, long time ago the 13th.
    Course protection I believe referred to rewirable fuses & close protection referred to cartridge fuses, if im wrong someone will soon tell me.

3. sparkin!

sparkin! New Member

Have no access, to that!
    This new 17th, is a lot more fearful!:)

4. enell

enell New Member

Sparkin has a copy.
    He still works to the 13th edition.
    Thats when hes not getting smashed.

5. Clark Kent

Clark Kent New Member

6. Sherlock Ohms

Sherlock Ohms New Member

Lucia, if you care to be candid, what year did you start working? :)

7. gerrin2owd

gerrin2owd New Member

Got a copy of the 14th edition, could email page 127/128 if you let me know your email address, got p...ed off with trying to put it on photobucket

8. pcelectrics

pcelectrics New Member

Cheers g2o, I'm username@aol.com