Corbyn and labour

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by spen123, Nov 21, 2019.

1. gadget man

gadget man Screwfix Select

:D:D:D

Joe the Plumber likes this.
  2. Joe the Plumber

Joe the Plumber Screwfix Select

Anyone who votes Labour this time round is completely deluded. The Labour Party ceased to exist several years ago and simply
    isn't there to vote for on Thursday. That old t*at with the white beard is a bit to the left of Mao and Stalin, and is surrounded by
    similarly minded morons.

It's a bad time when you can look back on the Blair, Brown and Miliband years as periods of common sense and decency.

I just hope if Boris gets in he isn't secretly preparing to shaft us on Brexit. It worries me that the EU seemed to think his deal with
    them was a good one. They ought to have hated it.

Heat likes this.
  3. Hans_25

Hans_25 Screwfix Select

Of course the EU think they got a good deal, because they did - they negotiated far better than we did. We'll end up paying for this bad deal for years to come.

4. DIY0001

DIY0001 Active Member

You might want to do a fact check on those.

The 3 day week of 1973 was nothing to do with the Labour government nationalising anything. The industries concerned were nationalised decades earlier and there had been several governments of both major parties since.

It was actually Heath's Conservative government that introduced the 3-day week, in response to the coal miner's strike for pay levels which kept pace with the high levels of inflation that the country had at the time. The high inflation of the era was, to a large degree, due to the OPEC oil embargo and its consequential shortage and dramatic increase in price. In just over a year the oil price rose by over 400%.

And Conservative governments aren't fundamentally against nationalisation, Edward Heath having done so with Rolls Royce in 1971 when mismanagement of the RB211 development brought the company to its knees.

I'm not suggesting that mass nationalisation is a good thing but using false arguments for or against it certainly isn't.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
    gadget man likes this.
  5. Joe the Plumber

I laugh when Magic Grandpa talks about ending 'Tory austerity'. He conveniently forgets it was brought about by a recession
    starting in 2008 when Labour were in power. Remember the infamous 'there's no money left' memo from 2010 when they were
    finally ousted?

Personally, I haven't noticed much austerity. I think things are generally pretty good at present, including all my family's various
    and fairly numerous dealings with the NHS for the last eight years or so.

But of course saying things like that doesn't suit Lenin's agenda.

gadget man likes this.
  6. DIY0001

DIY0001 Active Member

Problem is that Boris had to negotiate with his hands tied. He could only accept a deal that had any chance of getting through Parliament, where he had a minority, and still failed.
    It was a mistake negotiating and agreeing a deal with the EU before calling an election. He could have achieved a much better deal if he had a significant parliamentary majority. Now he is campaigning to get the parliamentary majority necessary to pass a deal negotiated for a parliamentary minority.

Hans_25 likes this.
  7. Joe the Plumber

I've just heard Grandpa saying he's 'a friend of the poor'.

If that's the case and he gets in, then give it a few months and we'll ALL be his friend.

8. Crowsfoot

Crowsfoot Screwfix Select

That's because he'll make us all poorer than richer.:(

Seriously though, anyone promising an end to austerity will surely do alright vote wise because a lot of people have really struggled with a lot of hardship over the last 10 years of Tory government.

9. Crowsfoot

Crowsfoot Screwfix Select

A amusing conservative election poster from the early seventies featured some cowboy builders knocking in bent nails and generally doing poor quality work with the slogan "The Labour government want to nationalise the building trade we all know what this means".

I was just trying to point out that nationalised industries are more associated with Labour than Tory governments.

10. I see Abacus Abbott does not wear a right shoe now she is so far left.
    She has been out campaigning with two odd left shoes on this morning.
    upload_2019-12-12_17-47-28.jpeg

11. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

Is that fake news?

12. Memphis001

Memphis001 New Member

I am completely deluded!

This Mao and Stalin line is a nice little soundbite but nothing more. Does not hold up at all.

13. Joe the Plumber

Perhaps, but the anti-semitism is a little harder to explain away.

14. Memphis001

Memphis001 New Member

I do not believe Jeremy Corbyn is anti-semitic. Though I do believe it is entirely possible that the party has attracted anti-semites in recent years.

In the same way I don't believe that the Conservative party has a particular problem with Islam but, has fringe / individuals who do.

There are so many problems with our media and the way these things are reported that I am hesitant to be any stronger than that.

15. Joe the Plumber

Hmm, well when The Guardian is reporting that Jewish Labour is no longer backing the party, it does make you think.

Anyhow, back to the election, I'll be interested to see if the BBC's Exit Poll just after 10pm is right, again. It's the only one that
    has been correct in the last few years.

16. Memphis001

Memphis001 New Member

yeah, I hear you!

Onwards we go to some a night of clowns walking on some virtual map of the UK explaining how they predicted this all along :)

17. Joe the Plumber

I'm going to a night of being asleep in bed!

18. peter palmer

peter palmer Screwfix Select

Boom, labour are finished for good.

longboat and Heat like this.
  19. gadget man

gadget man Screwfix Select

Looks like it!

Heat likes this.
  20. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Well another 5 years anyway. :D;)

Heat likes this.