Corbyn and labour

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by spen123, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Heat

Heat Screwfix Select

If the exit poll proves to be accurate, then Corbyn really is history.
    I predicted on the day he was elected as Labour leader that he would destroy the Labour Party.

gadget man and longboat like this.
  2. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

I'm looking forward to hearing the whimpering excuses.
    Night, all.

Heat likes this.
  3. peter palmer

peter palmer Screwfix Select

Well for months now everyone apparently had changed their minds and we are all now remainers so we must have a second referendum to confirm it. Yet according to McDonnell the Tory win was purely down to brexit.

How does that work then?

longboat, Astramax and Heat like this.
  4. FlyByNight

FlyByNight Screwfix Select

He will become Corbinned ...

5. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Corblimey!

Heat likes this.
  6. Heat

Heat Screwfix Select

Corblamey!

Astramax likes this.
  7. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

McDoughnut!

Heat likes this.
  8. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Tom Gonewest.

Heat likes this.
  9. Joe the Plumber

Joe the Plumber Screwfix Select

Although I've never been a Labour supporter, I do hope this means we now see the return of the real Labour Party, not the
    pastiche Commie alternative that's grown since 2015.

In the meantime, I'll admit to being relieved this morning.

Heat, longboat, Muzungu and 2 others like this.
  10. Joe the Plumber

Apparently 48% of the vote yesterday went to parties wanting to leave the EU. I'm waiting to hear from the remainers that
    they got 52% of the vote, so in fact we ought to remain.

The same people who argued that 52% for leave in the referendum wasn't a large enough majority for us to leave....

The schadenfreude is very pleasant today.

11. Harry Stottle

Harry Stottle Screwfix Select

There are many factors contributing to the success of Conservatives, Brexit is one, another is Jeremy Corbyn and his Venezualian style economics but the one that I'm so pleased about is the sense of British voters.

Whilst on the election topic, Nichola Sturgeon wants another independence referendum, but I can't understand why the Scots are so keen to sever ties. What about the generous subsidies via the Barnett formula that gives about £1500 to the Scottish parliament for every Scottish resident, that will end, and what if the EU say "We don't want any more lame ducks, go paddle your own canoe"?

Personally I'd be happy if Scotland was fully independent, it will save us a bunch of English taxpayers' money and silence their whingeing. Also it may be an opportunity to make the playing of bagpipes illegal in England.

Harry

gadget man, longboat and Astramax like this.
  12. HappyHacker

HappyHacker Active Member

I am really disappointed that I did not get a telephone call from Jeremy personally thanking me for my vote, after all he does not have many calls to make :)

Joe the Plumber likes this.
  13. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Ohhhhhh Jeremy Corbyn.
    People finally stood up and rejected his victim vs oppressor ideology.
    He's the victim now and it wasn't his fault, or so he says, it was all because of brexit.
    He,he,he.
    What a card.

Hans_25 and Heat like this.
  14. greenback78

greenback78 Active Member

Let’s face it. If Labour had elected a half decent leader with a less messy manifesto and a simpler message, Boris would have been sunk. The Tory win was all about ruthlessly exploiting the utter shambles of the Labour Party. That and they outmanoeuvred Farage, uniting the Brexit vote unlike remainers who were unwilling to make similar strategic judgements.

gadget man likes this.
  15. Joe the Plumber

It's worth noting that the SNP got 45% of the vote in Scotland. This means that 55% didn't vote for them, the same result
    as their 2014 independence referendum. If I was Boris, I'd let her have another referendum as soon as possible.

Looking through the results yesterday, it was telling that in many seats that Labour retained, their majority over the Conservatives was less than the vote for the Brexit Party. Had Nigel not had candidates in those seats, the Conservative majority might (and I stress might) have been even bigger. But those of us who want to leave still owe Nigel a huge thanks.

And sorry Harry, I can't explain it as I'm wholly English, but I absolutely love bagpipes.

gadget man likes this.
  16. greenback78

greenback78 Active Member

But Lib Dems on 9.5%. If the SNP campaign on a platform of independence equalling EU membership they could well win. NI is at a similar risk. Also depends on who Labour choose as their next leader.

17. Heat

Heat Screwfix Select

One thing not being mentioned about the election results is the pro Brexit vote (if you include the smaller parties like the Brexit party and the DUP party) was about 48%, but as Corbyn didn’t really have a stance for or against Brexit there would have been Brexit Labour voters.
    In fact Corbyn’s idea was to negotiate a new Brexit deal with the EU and another referendum, so could be argued votes for Labour were in support of a Brexit.

18. peter palmer

peter palmer Screwfix Select

Why cant the Scottish referendum include English votes, surely we should get a stay in it as it has as much to do with us as it does them.

I'm not saying which way I would vote but just like the so called peoples vote and its second question of "if out deal or no deal" I think the Scottish referendum should also have a sub section along the lines of "Hadrian's wall rebuilt - yes or no"

Heat likes this.
  19. Harry Stottle

Harry Stottle Screwfix Select

Good point Peter, if that happened Scotland would definitely have their desired independence because most English people are fed up with Scottish whingeing at the same time as they take our hard earned tax money. Just think, we could put a toll gate on Hadrian's wall and make some money out of them for a change.

20. Joe the Plumber

If we're going to rebuild Hadrian's wall, should the Italians also be allowed to vote...?

gadget man likes this.