Cordless drill / driver needed

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by koolpc, Apr 9, 2016.

1. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Cordless will be more convenient for me. I will look at that though. Thanks

2. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

Yes,I agree very convenient,but if you're working at home with 240v available,you can buy much better kit at a better price. My tools are all corded,with the exception of a small 10,8v drill/driver. This set up works fine for me. :)

3. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Thanks

4. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Still no drill bought as waiting for completion on house etc.

Looking at the Dewalt now.

5. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Worth checking out the Bosch GSR 10.8v, bought one on offer from our hosts 2 years ago, brilliant piece of kit, don't be fooled by the voltage, I paid £54 inc battery on offer it is still for sale @£59.99 bare but if needed I would buy another one, used on most working days, also small enough for use in confined spaces. An additional battery was also bought at the time of purchase at £30.

6. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

It is like the Bosch 3.8v mini screwdriver, the number of times had to rely on that in confined spaces and surprisingly powerful - not only used it for putting in screws but also drilling with hex bits.

7. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

8. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

9. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Whats the difference?

10. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

A Combi has a hammer action and is generally larger and more robust. A drill/driver is for drilling holes with whatever bit size within reason you require and also doubles up as a screwdriver.

11. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

12. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

I rather spend the extra for respectable brand, Erbauer, no spares, no extra batteries available.

Bosch, batteries will fit other cordless tools in their range,so you can add additional tools, like impact driver,led torch,etc, to your coillection.
    And the price has dropped.:)

http://www.screwfix.com/p/bosch-gsb...-cordless-combi-drill/9647j?_requestid=144645

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  13. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  14. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Owned an Erbauer for years, was a brilliant drill until batteries finally died, bought a new one hoping it would be as good, how wrong was I, build quality wasn't as good and the Chuck either would lock closed or loosen while in use.

Took it back and swapped it for a Hitachi, its a different class all together.

15. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Spending a little extra on a better product is a saving in the longer term! Did you check out the Bosch GSR 10.8Volt?

16. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Was it the Erbauer i linked to? Seems to have some great reviews.

17. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

18. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Well, I found it very good, batteries last ages,good led light,nicely balanced, use mine with Bosch multipurpose bits below, had no trouble drilling 8mm diameter holes into blockwork.
    Since added GKS18VLINcircular saw, plus impact driver, & a 4A battery for the saw, to my collection.:)

http://www.screwfix.com/p/bosch-multipurpose-drill-bit-set-4pcs/95958?_requestid=331549

19. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

20. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

2 good drills at same price. Decisions!

Edit:

Looking at the Hitachi comments there are several complaining about the chuck coming loose!!!

Looks like i will get the Bosch