cordless drills

Discussion in 'Engineers' Talk' started by Harry Stottle, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Harry Stottle

Harry Stottle Screwfix Select

I bought a B&D cordless drill about 4 years ago. I must say it's been very reliable and has done lots of work but now the battery pack is on its last legs. Does anyone know of a supplier of replacement batteries at a reaonable price? B&D quoted £65. Maybe it's best to buy a cheap drill at £30 or so and throw it away when the battery fails. Any ideas?

2. bitterman

bitterman New Member

I have the same problem with a Bosch drill, There is a firm advertising on e-bay. Battery_Pro at Leyland in Lancashire they are selling allsorts of drill batteries at alot less than originals.
    I decided to go for a new drill instead, Amazon are doing a 14.4volt cordless hammer + a 1010watt mains drill for under £40 JCB make.

bitterman

3. Harry Stottle

Thanks for that Bitterman, I'll follow up both suggestions. Quentin

4. jim'l'fixit

jim'l'fixit New Member

Ive bought 3 drills from cash converters (makitas) They are all still going strong, you can get some good deals i paid £40 for a little used 14.4 with 3 batts although it had a £50 label i talked them down, it retails at £180. And im a shop fitter so gets abused, i also got 2 12v with 2 batts each both for £30 again only light use. Buying spare batts is a waste of time i had the same prob with my first drill, which i sold back to cash converters for £20 and the batts were knackered. But they give you 3 month guarentee so you cant go wrong.

5. Harry Stottle

Thanks for the info. Jim. I'll follow that up too.
    Quentin

6. raul27

raul27 New Member

I bought batts from bat shop on eBay they only compatible batts and they full out of the machine not very good unless you swap the cells and keep the original box

7. KeithT

KeithT New Member

Buy the replacement cells from www.strikalite.co.uk & fit them in the original batt case. Modern cells are usually better than than the originals & will last longer.