Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by paj, Jan 18, 2019.

1. robertpstubbs

robertpstubbs Screwfix Select

Dysons don’t last well. I have a pile of broken ones.

They are also awkward to empty. And they very quickly lose performance if you don’t keep cleaning the filters.

But the Dyson attachments fit on a DeWalt 240v/18v DC500 (now 548) which seems to cope with anything. Although I would’t recommend it for your Nan.

2. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Are you talking upright Dysons Robert? or the handheld?

I find the uprights terrible but the handhelds great.

3. robertpstubbs

All of them - upright, cylinder, handheld.

The handheld I had was particularly stupid because you could only charge the battery when installed in the vacuum, so getting a second battery wouldn’t help much.

4. robertpstubbs

Dyson bring out a new model every few days and want the customer to keep upgrading. Therefore they design them to have a limited life.

5. robertpstubbs

A long time ago when I lived with my parents, my mother was obsessive about vacuuming especially under furniture where there could be no dust. When she needed a new one I bought her an expensive Miele because it was fairly quiet. The next day she put the end down the toilet. The water dissolved the bag and the debris destroyed the motor.

6. Hans_25

Hans_25 Screwfix Select

My mum (80 next month) has a GTech and is very pleased with it.

7. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

It is an old post dragged up a spammer - now deleted

But your point is still valid ...

Hans_25 likes this.
  8. ajohn

ajohn Screwfix Select

My wife has hand problems, strength and others. No problems using a dyson v8 even emptying it. A part of the top pulls up, bottom opens and the stuff drops out. Same thing is pushed down afterwards and the part that lets the dust out pushed back up. Usual dyson catch - filters but it just stops working when they need changing. That's easy to do as well. They do 2 models. Only difference is that the dearer one has a larger dust container. We sometimes need to empty it part way through vacing the lounge - german shepherd when she is shedding :( she tends to loose hair all year round but it does get it up.

John
    -

9. CraigMcK

CraigMcK Screwfix Select

We have a vax one, comes with a couple of removable batteries, which do last well. However the batteries are a bit difficult to get in and out, so would not recommend it for that reason. Have you thought about a robot one

10. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

My BoerBoel isn't supposed to shed his coat much but it is everywhere just as bad as the St Bernhards we had. We have a Shark lift off which deals with it in the house but if he ends up in the car :(:(

11. metrokitchens

metrokitchens Screwfix Select

Bosch cordless upright here. Sucks like a $10 who..

Would not recommend to older persons as sucks do hard it can be difficult to push round. Needs emptying all the time.

Really effective though. I am super happy with it. It can have a hose attached but is a bit of a faff. Battery life is great.