corrugated roofing sheets

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by kneeknack, Jul 2, 2004.

1. kneeknack

kneeknack New Member

I am looking to replace my garage roof with 3" corrugated PVC sheet.

I will need to flash one short edge AND one long edge.

Flashing the short edge will be no problem thanks to products like Screwfix part no 13229 (3" ASB wall flashing.

But what do I do about the long edge where the corrugations will run parallel to the wall?

Does anyone know if there are any products out there specific for the job? Or must I stick with timber batons, nails, mastic, flash tape, etc?

Thanks.

2. jimbo

jimbo Guest

What's on it at the moment??

3. kneeknack

kneeknack New Member

Asbestos cement corrugated sheet.

Currently there's no flashing to speak of other than a lip in the pebbledashing on the side of the house.

The sheet just butts up to the wall under the lip.

Thanks.

4. getroofingquotes

getroofingquotes New Member

Isn't asbestos banned. I read an article the other day about its side effects and how bad it is for our health. I think its no longer used in roofing materials toady.

5. Pvc isnt going to be be very strong for a garage roof, have you thought about plastic coated, box profile sheets.

Whichever you choose, an L shaped trim would suit what you need, ( use the foam packers ), depending how permanent you need it, cut a chase into the wall with a lead flashing over the trim.

6. RickDonohoe

RickDonohoe New Member

* do custom flashings and they supply corrugated sheets. Give them a call they should be able to help.

Message was edited by: Screwfix Peter due to unsuitable web link