cost of plastering

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by BATCOMAN, Oct 4, 2006.

1. BATCOMAN

BATCOMAN Member

Hi, I had a plasterer come around and quoted me £150 to plaster my room. its 25 square meters in total, thats walls and ceiling. I live in Essex is this a good quote, what u think thanks.

2. nearnwales

nearnwales Member

thats 8 plasterboards so its quite a small room then , 150 is about right. cheap for london way thou, so id bit his hand off

3. BATCOMAN

BATCOMAN Member

well its 2 solid walls and rest are plaster board, thanks for replying cheers.

4. hammers66

hammers66 New Member

very cheap id say,bit too cheap.........

5. for nothing £300 easy is he polish ;-o

6. £300 me. was he polish ? ;-0

7. if he is dont expect him to give you polished plastering ;)
    get an albanian ;)

8. 3-4 bags of multifinish=20 pounds
    some fibre tabe 3 pounds 3-4 angle beads 4 pounds
    3-4 pounds petrol money
    all together 30 quid
    so 120 left for him... if he brings good finish then you are on the roll ;)
    if not then you will need load sanding paper

ps; forget about 3-4 pounds for petrol money... he may aswell use the bus ;)

9. moldmaker

moldmaker New Member

I found this website where you can get quotes from loads of plasters at once. Then you could easily get 3 quotes and you would then know what a good price is. http://www.trade-wizard.co.uk

10. RPConstruction

RPConstruction New Member

Sounds really cheap to me! The last bloke i used caused me a day of sanding bas*d!

Cheers Rich

11. plasterd

plasterd New Member

very cheap, if i was charging that i would get depressed and start mumbling to myself ;)

12. Chris Russell

Chris Russell New Member

On site a good spread commands minimum of £2.75 p/m in the midlands. But what you have to think is that despite it being a small space it probably amounts to half or a whole day that the plasterer cannot be earning more money on a bigger job so the price will reflect this.