Cost to tile a kitchen and hallway

Discussion in 'Tilers' Talk' started by alan2525, Aug 26, 2010.

1. john1974

john1974 New Member

yea, i think i upset him so i wouldn't get the job anyway, Shame

2. alan2525

alan2525 New Member

What has disrespect got to do with anything? Was just asking what the going rate was for tiling a floor. Quote was for my folks kitchen too and thought the guy was having them on with the £1800, which he clearly was.

Just pays to shop around and ask the Screwfix customers on here too. The guy who quoted £750 had a lovely portfolio and does a great job.

3. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

I guess the disrespect part is the fact that you assume that because somebody puts in a higher price than you expect you tar that person as trying it on or is a conman. Just from your disparaging description of scraping a bit of gunk on I can tell exactly what kind of a person you are in terms of attitude. Frankly you would now get double aggro money on a quote from me now!

As a chippie I charge a lot more than others do to hang doors, i leave the stick it anyway as long as it opens just about merchants to charge £20 a door, I charge £75 and for that you get carpet protector down, old door disposed of, new door collected, ironmongery collected, arriving on time, shoes off in the house, no radio up loud, a free trimming if needs be after new carpets fitted my teacups washed up, all rubbish removed etc etc, frankly a proper premium service. If someone wants to do that for less money than thats there choice. In the world there are different prices for everything and charging a higher price doesnt mean you are a rip-off merchant, sometimes it just means you will get a better job. You get what you pay for. Now if I was quoting doors for you you would now be looking at £75+at least another £35 aggro money per door, and yes I am quoting to try and not get the work.

4. idontlikeit

idontlikeit New Member

Forget the tiles mate and get new doors hehe i like it

5. G Brown

G Brown New Member

Wassup! Nothing better to do at 4.00am? :O