Could anyone please recommend a good water based gloss paint for interior woodwork?

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by phoebe goldup, Feb 10, 2021.

1. phoebe goldup

phoebe goldup Member

Hello all, I'm getting fed up with the headaches i get from using oil based paint and am looking to make all interior painting water based, as far as possible. The thing I'm a bit stuck on is a water based gloss. Is there one out there that can compete with oil based? Thanks in advance

2. BiancoTheGiraffe

BiancoTheGiraffe Screwfix Select

I like Crown Fast Flow, it was recommended to me on here by Astramax I think

Astramax likes this.
  3. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Water based alkyd like fastflow (not used that one) be prepared to pay for quality paint though... Use correct undercoat and prepare properly. Needs to be clean surface and I always sand it to give a key...

4. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Sure was, Crown Trade FastFlow Gloss, use the primer/ undercoat followed by 2 top coats on previously painted timber, if new timber 2 undercoats followed by 2 top coats applied with good quality synthetic filament brushes or 4" felt, mohair or microfiber roller. (Purdy, Wooster, Hamilton brushes).

chillimonster likes this.