Council tax.

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Ind spark, Feb 7, 2024.

1. Ind spark

Ind spark Screwfix Select

I was going to put this on the joke thread.
    Ridiculous.

Screenshot_20240207-183151_Chrome.jpg

2. Tuxmark2

Tuxmark2 Screwfix Select

There goes you new door :p

Ind spark likes this.
  3. Ind spark

I'll be in a tent at this rate :p

arrow likes this.
  4. Bazza-spark

Bazza-spark Screwfix Select

Use your caravan, pikey lol.

Ind spark likes this.
  5. Tuxmark2

Tuxmark2 Screwfix Select

Mandatory given this weeks news:

Don't tell him pikey !

gadget man, Ind spark and Bazza-spark like this.
  6. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

No joke but if you have or know anybody who has dementia....up to 100% council tax rebate!
    Found this out last year from Age Concern UK that if you are also in receipt of Attendance Allowance you automatically qualify as its not a means tested benefit.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2024
    Ind spark likes this.
  7. Bazza-spark

Does the fact he mates with @bright_Spark and me qualify him? :eek::D

8. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Only with a registers doctors note.

Bazza-spark likes this.
  9. Bazza-spark

There has to be a doc on here that's open to a backhander lol.

We've got pretty much everything else.

Astramax likes this.
  10. Tuxmark2

Tuxmark2 Screwfix Select

I tried to self certify myself for this but my Doctor thought I was loosing my marbles and sent me packing.

11. Tuxmark2

Tuxmark2 Screwfix Select

We will know when the Dr posts here, it will either have a picture attached showing an open socket with a green cloth around it or he or she will post in unreadable hand writing and will reply to any replies four weeks from the date of the original post between the hours of 8am and 3pm.

Ind spark and Bazza-spark like this.
  12. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Screwfix Pete's the mediator though. :oops:

13. quasar9

quasar9 Screwfix Select

At least half of council’s in England are heading towards insolvency and looking at 114 notice . One easy way is to apply to the government to allow council tax to rise above the set limit. But the search for money to plug a haemorrhage caused by implementation of silly ideas is widening.

the other day I had to travel into town, by train to Victoria stn as parking nearby was £9 an hour. Due to some incident , Victoria bus station was jammed causing many buses to park on the roads. A team of opportunistic wardens were slapping tickets on these buses.

private motorists have all but been driven out. Many Commercial operators are now treating tickets as cost of doing business passing on the charge to customers. Years ago I used to work on a site adjoining a large hotel with no parking available. The warden had diarised the times when various delivery trucks turned up and would promptly emerge a few minutes early from a local cafe, slap on a ticket and move on. Went on for months.

Tuxmark2 and Ind spark like this.
  14. Bazza-spark

After a 50 minute wait to speak with an inept receptionist that wants to know all about your problem lol.

Tuxmark2 and Ind spark like this.
  15. Tuxmark2

Tuxmark2 Screwfix Select

Did a job for a GP a few weeks and she was ****** off when I told her I would visit after 5pm to take a look, 5 o'clock she huffed and what am I supposed to till then, cant days off willy nilly and her cleaner doesn't like strangers when she is there, I had no idea she was a GP until I met her.

The job its self was hilarious, one dead kitchen socket,she knew it was dead because nothing worked when plugged in, a few tests showed nowt wrong with it, the kettle she had tried was dead as was the toaster and microwave, the kettle was faulty and at some point had popped its fuse, her husband then nicked the fuse from the toaster, it popped so he nicked the fuse from the microwave and it popped, presumed the socket was at fault but he didn't tell his Mrs of this little adventure, the poor sod must have gone to work parched.

DBCDIY and Bazza-spark like this.
  16. Bazza-spark

Bet the poor devil suffered when she found out what he'd done lol.

17. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Kitfit likes this.
  18. Tuxmark2

Tuxmark2 Screwfix Select

There was no RCD and the CU was old so told her it would be a good idea to at least bring it up to an acceptable condition but she told me something like 'its working now and always has done'

'Yeah but if the fault had been different and not a short between L/N you may not be here today', that didn't go down well but hey, she is a GP and can go resuscitate herself :D

Left and not heard back so I cant say if the husband survived.

Bazza-spark likes this.
  19. Ind spark

20. Tuxmark2

Tuxmark2 Screwfix Select

If only they would stop wasting money on useless ideas, fancy sculptures to celebrate the town the council has helped destroy, welcome signs costing loads just to inform people they entering a sh#thole or building things like open air arts theatres that host olde style shakespear plays that had a multi story car park no one can use because its for the theatre no one visits, all in an effort to regenerate the high street the council rates and parking ideas has ruined in the first place.

Bob Rathbone and DBCDIY like this.