Covid19 and MyBuilder

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by Comlec, Mar 24, 2020.

1. spinlondon

spinlondon Screwfix Select

The Government’s plan to safeguard the economy, was to allow 60-80% of the population to contract the virus, get better and provide herd immunity. The few deaths of OAPs and vulnerable people was considered a fair price to pay.
    March, the Government realises the virus is more deadly than they first thought, the NHS will collapse if that many people contract the virus at the same time and that many more than just a few will die.
    The plan now, is to spread out the contraction of the virus over a longer time period, so the NHS will be better able to cope.

So go to work and contract the virus now, or stay off work and contract it later.

Note:
    Construction sites have not been told to close and there is no Government assistance on offer, most construction workers are fairly healthy and many are immigrants.

2. MGW

MGW Screwfix Select

My watch says:-

1984 all over again, look out for thought police. I suspect it was sent to my phone, but it leaves little room for manurer, even dentist appointment cancelled, have to continue with liquidiser, no teeth. But seems the government has, they even send messages to my watch.

longboat likes this.
  3. PaulBlackpool

PaulBlackpool Screwfix Select

Everyone with a mobile phone has had the same message.
    Even my mate with his 20 year old Nokia.

4. spinlondon

spinlondon Screwfix Select

When you click on the link, there is no prohibition on travelling to work that can’t be done from home.

5. peter palmer

peter palmer Screwfix Select

Correct, I travelled to work today, I could have done it from home but only if the builder had brought the house to me to 2nd fix the kitchen.

6. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

I haven't recieved that message.

7. PaulBlackpool

PaulBlackpool Screwfix Select

All I can say is that you should have done. The Government didn't have the means to do this themselves so they got all the mobile phone companies to do it.
    Everyone I have spoken to has had it including as I said my mate who has an ancient phone. As long as you can receive text messages.
    This is what I got on Tuesday 24th March at 15.18.:-
    "CORONAVIRUS ALERT New rules in force now: you must stay at home. More info & exemptions at gov.uk/coronavirus
    Stay at home. Protect the NHS. Save lives"
    The link or web address gives you access to over 60 emails issued by the Gov. in the last 48 hours.

8. MGW

MGW Screwfix Select

Since it came to my watch, it did not have an active link, likely it is on my mobile phone as well, but have not looked, maybe I am just an old *** but I use a phone for sound communications, that is what phone means, but I look at my watch, that is what watch means.

OK if my watch rings I will answer my phone on my watch, easier than getting phone out of pocket, but I am old school I still write, I may use text to write with, but it is still writing, not texting, there is no such word, and even the computer spell checker underlines it in red to warn me. I will admit I did not like SMS as only one dash different to SOS and not being proficient at Morse I did at first think some one was sending SOS when the phone sent a Morse alert.

9. Kammy

Kammy New Member

I say that is essential
    As long as you make it water tight even for time being. Once temporary watertight. You may continue later on once this covid19 is dealt with..well hopefully. I pray we all stay protected. I pray all our family members elders the ill are all safe. We shall come through this together. We shall see light again after the dark storm