Coving - Labour charge please

Discussion in 'Painters' Talk' started by rancid1, Feb 15, 2006.

1. Singhofkent

Singhofkent New Member

I didn't ask for any judgemental comments, if you can't be helpful then don't respond at all

2. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Judging by the fact this thread is nearly 12years old, and your choice of fixings, I'm assuming you've not done coving before then?

KIAB likes this.
  3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

CT1 over the top.

4. Singhofkent

Singhofkent New Member

Clearly you have nothing better to do then, again if you can't be helpful, then do not respond

Don't be a keyboard warrior

5. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Actually I meant it as a genuine query, as I was intending to help you with your questions but after your dummy's just been spat out you can get stuffed and bodge it until your hearts content.

KIAB likes this.
  6. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Buy a bag of plasterboard adhesive and a bag of easifil. You'll have enough for several jobs and will only cost you about £20.

Singhofkent likes this.
  7. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Haven't had a call for coving for several years now, thought it had become out of fashion with most ceilings these days going back to flat and nice crisp ceiling edges and corners. Always used 'Artex' as the adhesive, worked out around £10 per bag per room, nice and easy. Is that helpful Mr Singh of Kent ;).

Singhofkent likes this.
  8. Singhofkent

Singhofkent New Member

Thank you

And does £375 for 67m2 of coving sound.fair?

9. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Depends on your day rate, so 3 days equates to £125.00 per day so yes very fair rate. so that's around 23 lengths @3m.

10. Dr Decorator

Dr Decorator Active Member

Sling the gyproc, buy supercove, adhesive in a Gun.
    So easy and much quicker and definitely a 1 man job!