CPS strike!!

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Dick Puller, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

The British public can never trust BG again;
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8583012.stm

Yes, the good old 'Gas Board' is going to suffer big time when the CPSs go on strike. It was good of the communists to give the suits a week to think things over eh? What about the poor British public that are paying a small fortune on maintenance contracts with BG and will be left in the cold??

2. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

...........I like this bit;

He also said the firm had "robust contingency plans in place" to make sure service to customers was unaffected..............Oh yas!!!,,,,,,,,Ka...ching, ka...ching......;)

3. G Brown

G Brown New Member

Will anyone actually notice if the BG wallies go on strike?

At least customers will get their boilers fixed quickly and cheaply by the rest of us!

4. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

Well GB, we're in a win-win situation as always; £600/day per head retainer & loads of new customers!!! So the longer the CPSs are on strike the better!!

Everybody out, Brothers!!!............O^) O^)

5. G Brown

G Brown New Member

I have to say I can't see any downsides to their strike!

6. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

Gawd the Labour Party must be bricking it, the GMB(commy *) have the Gas Board and BA on strike, with an election coming up!! It's not looking good for Gordy Brown!!

Looking a bit closer at the figures though;
    GMB have 8,000 Gas Engineers(?) members & there was a 61% turn out for the ballet & 82% voted to strike. I make that only 4,000 members voted to go on strike..............A 50-50 split!!!

[Edited by: admin]

7. debit cruncher

debit cruncher New Member

"Well GB, we're in a win-win situation as always; £600/day per head retainer & loads of new customers!!! So the longer the CPSs are on strike the better!!"

Come on Dick, the GMB will never walk out with figures like that. It would be like pushing the self-destruct button. Looks like you'll have to really on your own customer base still.

8. Captain Leaky

Captain Leaky New Member

BG, BA, BR...what is it with the B's ?

9. billybongos

billybongos New Member

what is it with the B's

this bleedin' country is going down the pan

no investment, high taxes, no new blood, inflation, high living costs...

*put my hand up*

I want out!

10. wish they would strike forever or go broke
    would end most of the * they do now

[Edited by: admin]

11. Crowsfoot

Crowsfoot Screwfix Select

It's all to do with bully boy management tactics of imposing changes to your contract of employment without consultation (it's all the same problem just different companies all with the same problem).
    Tappy,

12. imran_

imran_ New Member

Well first off there is employment law which gives the employee loads of rights in respect of changes to contracts.

What the unions can't grasp is that things change: the economic and business environments, shareholder needs, the market for engineers, etc. When any of those change so should businesses to adapt - the ones that don't change will go out of business.

Rather than going on strike, why don't the unhappy CPSes just go and get a better job with more pay and less benefits......??

Exactly!

13. Dick Puller

Dick Puller New Member

The CPSs are so set in their ways they can't change!! Too used to getting OAPs in a panic to change their boiler & get an unrequired power flush!!

14. Jimbo

Jimbo Screwfix Select

I'm not sure why there is still a need for unions and strike capabilities, since staff are protected to the Nth degree already by EU employment law.

15. Crowsfoot

Crowsfoot Screwfix Select

Unity brother - that's what it's all about.

If we're not careful they'll have the W/Class back in the dark ages faster than we realise.

16. doing a bit

doing a bit New Member

the dark ages faster than we realise.

the upper classes still regard us as serfs, the terminology might have changed but we make money for them, nothing else