Crimping solid core

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by oddbod2, Oct 10, 2017.

1. oddbod2

oddbod2 Member

What do you guys use when crimping solid conductors? I seldom get something i'm really happy with. If i give it a good tug it usually feels like its going to pull apart, and sometimes does. I end up either working around the need to do it, or faffing around with a soldering iron if I can't.

2. leesparkykent

leesparkykent Well-Known Member

3. oddbod2

oddbod2 Member

Yeah, they are good. I was thinking MF tho.

4. retiredsparks

retiredsparks Super Member

wago...all the way (go).
    But with conditions...for derating and boxing
    Rs

5. RolandK

RolandK Screwfix Select

I'm a big fan of Wago but am interested to know what the issue might be for derating and boxing. Just curious!

6. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

What is that derating and boxing RS?

7. leesparkykent

Risteard likes this.
  8. JP.

JP. Screwfix Select

Oh right I didn't know that Lee..thanks for the reply.

leesparkykent likes this.
  9. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

I think you are mistaken. Why would you need to 'de-rate' a junction in a circuit? The whole point of a joint in a circuit is to maintain the circuit current carrying capacity of the joint. You are making up your own 'ideas' around the current rating requirements of the joint. De-rating indeed. Nonsense.

10. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

Be careful who you listen to on this forum, JP, there are some strange ideas about.

11. leesparkykent

Read the link you prat.

12. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

I HAVE read it. You are misunderstanding the information about the joint rating you prat.

13. leesparkykent

For the absolute numpty, non time served 5ww Unphased.

Attached Files:

14. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

What is the point in talking to idiots? You claim to know much but in reality know little.

15. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

Explain why you would put a weakness in to a circuit? Numpty. The joint MUST be the same rating as the circuit or you wouldn't use it, numpty.

16. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

Read the part about maximum aggregate current. It is NOT a derating factor you prat.

17. leesparkykent

WTF has that got to do with the current ratting of the wagos when used as MF?

18. leesparkykent

unphased you are an absolute idiot..who tinkers around learning his trade as he goes along in unsuspecting customers houses.....I'm off to rugby. Proper bell end!

19. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

YOU need a lesson in the meaning of DE-RATING you time served know-it-all! There is too much emphasis in the industry on people who aren't time served, I take great exception to that. I can wipe the floor with many time served electricians its not difficult. Rugby player? Too many knocks to the head by the sounds of it.

20. unphased

unphased Screwfix Select

The article you posted does not mention de-rating at all. It is a common trait amongst time served electricians to invent their own requirements and expect everyone else to believe their twaddle.