Cutting 20mm porcelain tiles

Discussion in 'Other Trades Talk' started by CosD, Oct 22, 2021.

1. CosD

CosD Active Member

Hey guys
    Can anyone recomend from experience any manual cutter to cut 20mm porcelain outdoor tiles please? These are 600x600

My tiler tried on his Rubi cutter and it would cut them but they would split uneven.

I have a load of cuts so prefer manual if I can.

2. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

20mm!!

wouldn’t fancy that tbf. What you could try, and it’s worked for me before, is to score them, place a batten underneath the score, foot on one side and a confident stamp with your foot on the other. Try one and report back

3. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Go hire a wet cutter.

4. CosD

CosD Active Member

A friend just used a wet cutter on 10mm tiles and the cuts were taking so long. is that how they work or did he have a bad cutter or blade?

I’m not expecting to cut in 30 seconds but I don’t want each cut taking 15 minutes.

typically how long would good (hire) wet cutter take to do a 600mm cut?

5. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

I wouldn't even attempt to cut 20mm porcelain on a manual cutter. The success rate would be way below 50% I reckon.
    I just use an angle grinder with a decent blade, cuts through in no time.

6. Govind Singh Athwal

Govind Singh Athwal New Member

An angle grinder with an ABRACS 4" Diamond Blade Expert for outdoor porcelain tiles works well.

Attached Files: