Cutting Alusplash

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by mackie, Mar 11, 2019.

1. mackie

mackie Member

Hi guys,

I am looking at installing Alusplash panels in the kitchen Part of this will involve some cuts which (as they will be visible) I want to get spot on. Looking on the Alusplash site it says to use a suitable blade (not really helpful). Their video shows a Plunge Saw being used, I don't have one the nearest I have is a Cordless 165mm, 20mm Bore. Can anyone recommend a blade for this? Any Advice?

And before any comments I don't want run the risk of cutting off any pinkies, they are invaluable in my day job as it is very hard to be a pen pusher if you cannot hold the pen in the first place.

2. xednim

xednim Active Member

tct blade, but rpm in here is crucial

3. metrokitchens

metrokitchens Well-Known Member

I fit loads of the stuff - soft as turds. Sharp, decent blade. Ultra slow and steady, low RPM if your saw has it. Set up a sacrificial board on trestles to work on. Light rub over the cuts with a decent fine file.

It is really soft and scratches really easily. As in don't slip with that file. The best bit is during cutting there are metal slivers everywhere, stuck both sides of the board, and if you move / slide the workpiece it gets scratched. After every cut dust of the work area.

Good luck ;-)

mackie likes this.
  4. Not-a-Decor8r

Not-a-Decor8r Member

Im looking at Splashbacks at the moment and alu is an option.

Whats the benefits over glass with this stuff?

5. metrokitchens

metrokitchens Well-Known Member

Cheap. Cut & fit on site. No delay for templating.