cutting granite worktop

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by 40w bulb, Jan 21, 2008.

1. 40w bulb

40w bulb New Member

Hi, whats the best way to cut a granite worktop? Need to slot a hotplate into it

2. lamello

lamello New Member

tough job. I'd ring a pro and get them to do it.

3. kitcheneer

kitcheneer New Member

Top quality (expensive) diamond disc in angle grinder, plus considerable practice. Do what lamello suggests

4. granite fitter

granite fitter New Member

hey there, yeah it is a pretty tough job and messy, you need grinder with diamond tip blade, mark the area with masking tape makr on area needing cutting ( this avoids chipping the granite) then cut slowly to avoid any jerking and nipping of the blade i am a granite fitter so reply if you have any other questions

5. timmo

timmo New Member

Piece of cake, I live in saarf affrikka,everyone has granite tops. Mark tops directly with yellow crayon.Angle grinder with good diamond blade, get your mate to fill an old washing up liquid bottle full of water and dribble onto blade while cutting. Cuts down heat,saves blade and stops flowers being granite dust reinforced. Good luck.

6. Theo Paphitis

Theo Paphitis New Member

Piece of cake, I live in saarf affrikka,everyone has
    granite tops.

What, even in the slums of Soweto?

7. timmo

timmo New Member

You need to book yourself a holiday,the South Western Townships often put other small country's to shame nowerdays. Forget Greece,Turkey even Spain. Come to Saarrf Africa,I would be suprised if you ever wanted to leave.

D4veNI likes this.