Cutting grout line

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Gregor87, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Gregor87

Gregor87 Member

I have a bit of an odd job, where I am removing some tiles around a bath and replacing with wet wall.

If you can picture a piece of paper folded in half, one side of the folded line will be wet wall, and the other side of the folded line will be tiles, with both butting up to each othet.

To do this, I will have to cut down a grout line , givivng me a nice straight edge to butt the wet wall up to.

Question is, what is the best way to cut down this grout line? I don't have a grinder and dont want one. I was considering a blade for the oscillating multi tool I have.

Thanks in advance,
    Gregor

2. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Multi tool for sure, with good quality carbide blade. As long as grout line is at least / around 2mm, blade will make short work of cutting through grout, allowing you to remove tiles

Hold blade square on to tiles and don’t allow to waggle around side to side or you risk chipping the tile edge

Perfect tool and blade combo for this job :)

AlvyChippy, KIAB and WillyEckerslike like this.
  3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

AlvyChippy likes this.
  4. Gregor87

Gregor87 Member

Superb guys thank you. Purchasing right away!