Cutting to shape

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Jos_H131, Sep 14, 2007.

  1. Jos_H131

    Jos_H131 New Member

    I know a tool exists which when placed on an edge will give you a template to scribe from...but what is it called and where can I get one?

    Any help appreciated.

  2. ponty01.

    ponty01. New Member

    That will be a profile gauge. SF do several of them :)
  3. foxy

    foxy New Member

    Its called a pair of compasses but I suspect you mean a Trend "Perfect Butt".
    Several places sell it, try googling it.
  4. Jos_H131

    Jos_H131 New Member

    You the man. Thats exactly what I needed to hear.

    Thanks a million.

  5. jolly bodger

    jolly bodger New Member you don't get a woodworking tool in the top 100,000 entries if you try googling "Perfect Butt"!!!:D
  6. ponty01.

    ponty01. New Member

    ha ha ha - you might get a photo of mine though! ;)

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice