Cutting worktops inside - what extractor?

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by e30mark, Jan 17, 2006.

1. e30mark

e30mark Member

Hi guys, just wondering if you use an extractor / vacuum when your cutting worktops inside. I always try to cut them outside because of the mess, but I've had to cut them inside once, and the saw dust produced was every where. Luckily for me it was an inhabited place at the time.

Just wondered what peoples thoughts were on the subject. If it makes any difference i use a DW625EK router

2. Scrit*

Scrit* New Member

I use an old Elu vacuum on a DW625 and it still makes a mess, just less of it.

Scrit

3. i fit

i fit New Member

Sheet everything, including doorways, and sweep up after every cut.

4. makita49

makita49 New Member

i have seen a festool extractor vacuum at a show which seemed to work well cuts in when switch ur tools on but when i saw the price of it i nearly had heart failure

5. Jobsworth

Jobsworth New Member

I bought a 20 quid vacuum cleaner from Tesco, which fits on the nozzle on my Trend router using the adaptor that came with it. Like Scrit says, it still makes a mess, but nothing like as much as without it. Doesn't get up your nose so much, either (but we all wear masks, don't we?!).