CWST and loft hatches

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by coppercc, May 21, 2010.

1. coppercc

coppercc New Member

Yesterday had real trouble couldn't get the 50 Gallon up there as unable to fit through the hatch. These new tanks are far to rigid. In the end had to fit two 25 gallon tanks up there. Is anyone else having this problem?

And why don't the manufactures design a CWST that you build up in sections and glue each section? And what a day to have done it must have lost 3 stone in sweat :(

2. Common problem.

I've done enough bathrooms where I had to increase CW storage, the only thing you can do is use what ever configuration of tanks that gets you the right result.

Segmental tanks - surely a recipe for diasaster?

3. tomplum

tomplum Active Member

they used to make a round tank that you could warm up with your torch, fold it up and get it through any loft hatch, i hav't seen any around for a while,
    i'll have a mooch around see if i can find the makers name,

4. palavaman

palavaman Well-Known Member

Why didn't you just push a coffin tank through the hatch:(

5. howlsatthemoon

howlsatthemoon New Member

on a nice sunny day, leave a tank outside for a couple of hours and its surprising how small a hole you can get them through. just remember to remove the stiffeners first. course you dont want to be swapping a tank on a nice sunny day up amongst the itchy and scratchy tho.

6. coppercc

coppercc New Member

I tried leaving it outside made no difference, the tank didn't have any detachable reinforcement either. The hatch was 22 x 28 boy was it hot.

7. multikwik

multikwik New Member

should of talked customer into having a combi.

8. palavaman

Hatch was 22 x 28. How did you get through that:^O. Think I need to loose some weight!

9. G Brown

G Brown New Member

Measure properly next time Loz you cowboy! :^O!

10. buggerlugs

buggerlugs New Member

22 by 28's massive. as long as he's talking inches, you must be a right fat bastrd.

11. palavaman

Buggerlos, was that you laughing at me when I was struggling to get into the lift at the shopping centre:(. I must stop eating all this many McDonalds buggerlos?