daily rates. lets be honest

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by ukwoody, Oct 23, 2005.

1. ukwoody

ukwoody New Member

Hi all, following on from a couple of different threads, I got to wondering just WHAT DO people charge around the UK? and how does it vary? Haven't you ever wondered how you compare to others? Well lets be brave and find out...

For example I generally ( self employed chippy - in poor Pembrokeshire, Wales) charge £100 per day, sometimes £120 for kitchen fitting.

Laminate flooring I charge £9 per sqm
    and internal doors about £20 per door.

What about you???

Woody

2. owen

owen New Member

ok, i aim to earn £110 a day, sometimes less if it's a nice easy job nearby, sometimes more if it's a ***** job i don't really want.

i've been self employed doing mainly joinery work for about 18 months. As i'm getting more and more work from recomendation it is becoming easier to get my £110 a day as people are not always looking for the cheapest job.

3. owen

owen New Member

i'm in leicestershire by the way.

4. ukwoody

ukwoody New Member

Interesting point that Owen. I'm lucky, nearly all my work is now via reccomendation so I too can worry slighly less now then I did.
    Woody

5. I aim for £160 a day, regardless of job type.

I'm in North Yorkshire

6. orangetlh

orangetlh New Member

WOW!!! nearly 24 hours and there hasnt been a single ignorant idiot on here saying 'i wouldnt get out of bed for that, how do you make a living' etc etc....... so whos gona be first?

7. Hoskie

Hoskie New Member

Hi TKF where abouts in North Yorks are you based? I to am in north yorks or is it East? They keep ******* about with the counties I cant keep up!

8. ukwoody

ukwoody New Member

Orange, dont encourage them;-)
    woody

9. orangetlh

orangetlh New Member

yeh sorry, thought if i put that it might stop people doin it and then we could get some decent replies, im sure its gona cause an argument tho.

10. dunc

dunc New Member

It depends on the amount of work. If its general repair and maintenance or one off fitting, 15 an hour. For quotes I aim to get 120 - 135 per day. If its a sod of a job or the customer is a prat, 150 a day.

11. panlid

panlid New Member

£30 a day.

12. handyman.

handyman. New Member

£29.99 a day

13. Hi TKF where abouts in North Yorks are you based? I
    to am in north yorks or is it East? They keep *******
    about with the counties I cant keep up!

I'm about as far west as you can go without falling over the border into Lancs, or if I head south I'm in West Yorkshire

Name that place?

14. PowerTool

PowerTool New Member

Doesn't make sense - Ingleton is about as far west as you can go,but south from there takes you into Lancashire

15. PT, nearly try again, a little further south

16. limestone cowboy

limestone cowboy New Member

17. ukwoody

ukwoody New Member

Sid and Handyman, can i hire you please. I can afford to pay you both on the same day...
    woody

18. Hoskie

Hoskie New Member

So how is that North Yorkshire?

19. Because Skipton is in North Yorkshire