Damaged plasterboard delivered: is this a problem?

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by eciap, May 16, 2022.

1. eciap

eciap Member

I have ordered some plasterboard (14 boards in total) and they have delivered it today.
    One of the boards is not in a great shape.
    I've never ordered plasterboard before so I'm not sure if this is to be expected or not. I am planning to use it to overboard my ceilings and then do dry lining.
    Do you think this will be a problem? Should I just accept the bad luck or contact the vendor ?

Attached Files:

2. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

It's nothing, it's actually better than a lot of the cack that goes on sale.

CGN likes this.
  3. MRY

MRY Screwfix Select

The edge damage is worse than the score. Are you going to skim it? It's better than the boards I got just after Christmas, which had fork lift marks in and other damage, it depends on what you paid. I might phone 'n' moan but not expect a result.

Fix it all up, try and lose the damage, if can't, cut the paper around the damage with Stanley, brush out the bits, dibble on some dilute 5:1 PVA, skim or fill.

4. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Surface paper damage is nothing.

Maybe you can use damaged edge for cut to size peace? Discard that damaged bit when you cut.

If it's solid and not crumbled it's fine

5. eciap

eciap Member

Thank you all for your replies!
    I want to avoid plastering over this at all costs as I absolutely hate plastering :D
    I will probably follow the advice of cutting out the bits that are damaged and use the rest. I will let you know how I get on! First time overboarding... that is going to be interesting :D

6. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Looks like tapered edge board vs square edge so you will need to skim something over

7. eciap

eciap Member

Can I not just use easyfill and tape to fill the gaps and then paint over?

8. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Yes at which point you will be covering damaged edge

eciap likes this.