Day rate for experienced plasterer

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by jonathanc, Sep 15, 2018 at 8:08 AM.

1. jonathanc

jonathanc Active Member

hi. Can anyone give me an idea of the day rate for good plasterers in the West mids? Just helpful to have an idea when I get prices etc later on

2. rogerk101

rogerk101 Well-Known Member

A job rate is better than a day rate ... price for a given room, price for a given wall, etc.

3. jonathanc

jonathanc Active Member

Thanks but if anyone has an answer to the question I asked I would be grateful

wiggy likes this.
  4. Wayners

Wayners Active Member

£130-£160 per day at a guess...Rates vary so much plus the BS that some come out with. You need to aim for 23k a year just to keep up with the national average wage. I don't think there is an accurate figure to quote although I've seen many say they can earn 30k a year.. Hum... Not me

5. jimoz

jimoz Member

I think you'd be looking at 150 min for a decent guy. Possibly a touch less if pound notes.

6. wiggy

wiggy Well-Known Member

That seems to be a habit on here o_O

I would say £150 to £180

If I do a day rate it will depend on how busy I am at that time and much I want to do the job.

Last plasterer I paid in surrey was £220 a day for him and a lad

7. The Teach

The Teach Well-Known Member

Very much so, 1.5 days work = 2 days work.

Back on topic labour only cost,my plaster for many years now quotes a maximum of £240 per 8 hour day.

8. jonathanc

jonathanc Active Member

Interesting. Where in UK?

9. jimoz

jimoz Member

Not sure a price is always better than day rate. If I thought a job was going to take 1.5 days I'd build 2 days money into the price. You alternatively might get some honest tradesman feeling guilty about asking for 2 days money on day rate if he finishes at dinner.

10. CGN

CGN Well-Known Member

Most domestic plasterers will work on price.

11. DIY womble

DIY womble Active Member

£25/hr in London

12. Wayners

Wayners Active Member

I can remember working for £45 a day then started to charge £65.. Crazy now I think about it. I was paying a mortgage and living. 3 times that now

13. DIY womble

DIY womble Active Member

Could you afford a mortgage at today's rate?

14. Wayners

Wayners Active Member

Nope... My home is about 220k if I sold today.. Well on a good day may be ..i paid 34k all those years ago.. Still paying it off..Lol.. Although extended the property 10 years ago but hope to pay off in a few years

15. Jord86

Jord86 Well-Known Member

Skimming or float and set?

16. jonathanc

jonathanc Active Member

Got both to do plus a bit of rendering and screeding. I'm asking to make sure i pay a fair rate. Don't want to get ripped off but equally i want to be fair with someone who does an honest day

17. Isitreally

Isitreally Well-Known Member

What would 60M2 of walls and 21M2 of ceiling (vaulted) skim only, over fresh plasterboard cost. ???

18. DIY womble

DIY womble Active Member

2 days

19. Sounds about right, may even be a little more

20. Isitreally

Isitreally Well-Known Member

So all in Mats & Labour is a £1050.00 about right.

There's about 25 metres of beading