Day rate for experienced plasterer

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by jonathanc, Sep 15, 2018.

1. jonathanc

jonathanc Active Member

hi. Can anyone give me an idea of the day rate for good plasterers in the West mids? Just helpful to have an idea when I get prices etc later on

2. rogerk101

rogerk101 Well-Known Member

A job rate is better than a day rate ... price for a given room, price for a given wall, etc.

3. jonathanc

jonathanc Active Member

Thanks but if anyone has an answer to the question I asked I would be grateful

wiggy likes this.
  4. Wayners

Wayners Active Member

£130-£160 per day at a guess...Rates vary so much plus the BS that some come out with. You need to aim for 23k a year just to keep up with the national average wage. I don't think there is an accurate figure to quote although I've seen many say they can earn 30k a year.. Hum... Not me

5. jimoz

jimoz Member

I think you'd be looking at 150 min for a decent guy. Possibly a touch less if pound notes.

6. wiggy

wiggy Well-Known Member

That seems to be a habit on here o_O

I would say £150 to £180

If I do a day rate it will depend on how busy I am at that time and much I want to do the job.

Last plasterer I paid in surrey was £220 a day for him and a lad

7. The Teach

The Teach Well-Known Member

Very much so, 1.5 days work = 2 days work.

Back on topic labour only cost,my plaster for many years now quotes a maximum of £240 per 8 hour day.

8. jonathanc

jonathanc Active Member

Interesting. Where in UK?

9. jimoz

jimoz Member

Not sure a price is always better than day rate. If I thought a job was going to take 1.5 days I'd build 2 days money into the price. You alternatively might get some honest tradesman feeling guilty about asking for 2 days money on day rate if he finishes at dinner.

10. CGN

CGN Well-Known Member

Most domestic plasterers will work on price.

11. DIY womble

DIY womble Active Member

£25/hr in London

12. Wayners

Wayners Active Member

I can remember working for £45 a day then started to charge £65.. Crazy now I think about it. I was paying a mortgage and living. 3 times that now

13. DIY womble

DIY womble Active Member

Could you afford a mortgage at today's rate?

14. Wayners

Wayners Active Member

Nope... My home is about 220k if I sold today.. Well on a good day may be ..i paid 34k all those years ago.. Still paying it off..Lol.. Although extended the property 10 years ago but hope to pay off in a few years

15. Jord86

Jord86 Well-Known Member

Skimming or float and set?

16. jonathanc

jonathanc Active Member

Got both to do plus a bit of rendering and screeding. I'm asking to make sure i pay a fair rate. Don't want to get ripped off but equally i want to be fair with someone who does an honest day

17. Isitreally

Isitreally Well-Known Member

What would 60M2 of walls and 21M2 of ceiling (vaulted) skim only, over fresh plasterboard cost. ???

18. DIY womble

DIY womble Active Member

2 days

19. Sounds about right, may even be a little more

20. Isitreally

Isitreally Well-Known Member

So all in Mats & Labour is a £1050.00 about right.

There's about 25 metres of beading