dc 618 nailer.

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by cosworth, Jul 16, 2008.

1. cosworth

cosworth New Member

hello all.
    ive ordered the dewalt nailer after a really long time wanting 1.but!!!! ive never used 1 and only seen it in action on the dewalt website so was hoping for some reveiws on it if you have them.
    seen as its bought already im thinking positive replys are gona be better to swallow.:)

2. dirtybarry

dirtybarry New Member

i'll give you a tip, try not to use too long a nail when fixing for example skirting on a plastered wall , as the firing pin can jam, apart from that you wont be disapointed

3. busy builder

busy builder New Member

I've had one for nearly 2 years now, the angled type. Its never let me down though it is a bit cumbersome, but aren't they all ?
    Its cheap to run, no gas and nails are easy to get..even B & Q sell them. It also leaves a nice neat hole.
    I also have a Bostich air nailer for when the job warrants it, much better and easier to use but I also have to lug the compressor and air line.

4. chip off the block

chip off the block New Member

i have 1 and had it repaired 4 times in 2 yr. bostich air nailer all the way for me.

5. cosworth

cosworth New Member

thanks fellas. look forward to it turning up now.chip you cant give me negatives now cos the money has been spent. go on tell me some lies...its brill isnt it!!!

6. mailee

mailee New Member

I have had one for a year now and can't fault it. Great piece of kit. Suprisingly the light is useful too in dark corners.......or is that just my sight. :)

7. chip off the block

chip off the block New Member

all i was saying is that mine breaks alot. i think it is great other than that. I hate the passy nailers

8. Mr Mike

Mr Mike New Member

You won't be disappointed Cosworth....

Had mine a year now and can't fault it.

Only complaint is, hangin' it on your belt pulls your trousers down.

9. Porkie

Porkie New Member

and everyone elses complaint is that it pulls Mr Mikes trousers down

:-S

10. busy builder

busy builder New Member

Just one thing

the sound it makes, sounds like a kids wind up toy !!