DE WALT FLIP/CHOP SAW

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by 2 a week, Oct 16, 2006.

1. 2 a week

2 a week New Member

Hi boys.
    I want to purchase the chop saw with the wheels on the rear (40kg) i have the older chop/flip. do you.know any place on the web that does them at a reasonable cost.

Machine Mart quoted me £1,500 ?

Cheers lads.....

2. big all

big all Screwfix Select

shop around youll always save on manufacturers retail price:D:D
    here.

big all

3. Shedmen

Shedmen New Member

What do you want to use the saw for the festool table saw is between the price you mentioned and the price big all found you but it is extremely accurate only weighs 19Kg and so is a lot more portable and apart from being a table saw acts as a pull saw. You clamp down the timber and pull the blade through it. Check the saws spec re cutting and it might do what you want.

http://www.festool.co.uk/mediandoweb/index.cfm?sLanguage=English&ID_O_TREEGROUP=1770&PARENT=1763&AKTIVPROD=1

You also have the benefit of virtually splinter free cutting with their splinter guards. There is also a wide range of useful accessories. Sliding tables, cross cut stand and wheels etc. I paid just over £1k including vat over a year ago. It is a fabulous piece of kit I have been highly delighted with it.

Looking laterally another saw worth looking at is the now Metabo Secanta saw again accurate and different as it rotates a full 360 degrees so can make compound cuts that no other saw can contemplate - not sure on pricing on this one I think around the 8 to £900 mark

http://www.metabo.co.uk/metabo/halbstationaere_stationaere/uk/en/produkte/flushmountedcircularsaws/flushmountedcircularsawsecanta0102207025.html

Shedmen