Death

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Deleted member 33931, Dec 30, 2016.

1. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Not racial at all Jack.. You're at risk of falling into the trap that some people make when "Religion" is mentioned. Religion isn't racist. Religion doesn't care who it kills, black white, green, blue. All it cares about is the one true God. ;);)

2. Which is reason, cause and effect ?

3. joinerjohn1

So,, what you're saying is we should do away with prisons? Do away with laws? Surely this would lead to an absolute breakdown of society.. Crime surely has to be punished by some means?

Nah, not at all. What if someone fails to follow your moral code? See, there's no such thing as morals when it comes to crime and punishment

4. I think its more ha thats at risk of falling in that trap.

I see the trap as clear as i see the issues

5. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

I think longs was taking the proverbial.

longboat likes this.

6. Yes, i think he misunderstood what i said and avoided putting his opinion. Again :p

7. joinerjohn1

Ahh, I see now (been on a long day so I'm tired) I think Longs is sort of taking someone else's stance there (in a mickey taking way) :p:p:p

longboat and Phil the Paver like this.
  8. joinerjohn1

Nah not at all, Re-read my first reply to this enthralling thread. That's my opinion. I stand by it completely (just thanking Christ I won't be around in 50 yrs time to see it)

9. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

I was just throwing some preliminary counter measures out there before, DA's predictable after 8 summary conclusion briefing.
    That's all.
    You've surprised me, though, I thought your dilly dallying was a way of coming up with the most acceptable response you could muster.

I agree with your take on it, I must admit.

10. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

I think most would agree that our systems for dealing with crime and punishment, theoretically even achieving reform amongst prisoners, need a shake up and a re-think

Maybe we should take a look at the Philippine geezer Dutere

He's currently waging war on the country's druggies and undesirables and obviously figures aren't exact but, since may, over 3,000 peeps have been killed by the police, possibly state controlled vigilantes and others

He's publically stated that he wants to kill all drug pushers and that may equate to 'tens of thousands'

He has got a point as illegal drugs are a scourge on all societies and bring crime, misery, death and more unpleasantness in bucket loads

But his 'methods' and openness is just totally staggering and...... just a little scary for those of us in the west

Still, less strain on the prison service I guess and keeps the grave diggers employed

Recent riots in Birmingham prison started, amongst other things, due to no tv in one of the wings for few days due to faulty ariel........ jeez, get a grip lads..... uv got a roof over your heads, 3 meals a day, no bills to pay, gym, education, and other stuff available (if you behave)

Millions of pounds of damage caused, thousands of pounds in additional wages for riot squad, clean up and medical bills for injured, nothing positive achieved and oh yeah, we the tax payer picks up the bill for all the above and more

Something has to change and soon - in very simplistic terms I realise

11. btiw

btiw Well-Known Member

I hope that DA surprises me by being in favour of capital punishment.

That's because, on balance, I think I'm against it and I hate to agree with DA.

Thankfully this is one area which is left to experts rather than being put to a referendum.

12. You got the KUDOS, man! :)

And a big sloppy wet kiss from me :D

Which, of course, would be enough to see one hang in some countries... :(

Which is another reason why we have to be more civilised.

13. That is not what Longs said at all. At all.

14. Surely not... :(

15. 'Amongst other things...'

Like being cooped up often for 23 hours in every 24 in overcrowded conditions.

But, yes, let's talk about the 'aerial' issue...:rolleyes:

Deleted member 164349 likes this.
  16. Snigger.

And, yes, like the EU vote, it should have been left to people who know.

17. On that point, guess what? This wasn't a thread about capital punishment!

It was - yes - another Brexit thread!

The strongest correlation found in voters who chose 'Leave' was not income. Or education. Or professionalism. Or area of the country. Although all these do have a correlation, as we know... :rolleyes:

The strongest link was between 'Leavers' and those who want the death penalty returned.

Well, what a surprise. Not.

And the usual suspects on here have not disappointed :rolleyes:

As well as showing those of strongest religious faith as being amongst the most punitive against their fellow man.

That is no surprise either, of course.

18. Blugger - that is what Longs said... :(

19. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Bring back medieval torture maybe? ;)

Seriously though, is the death penalty really the best way? c?

Having thought about this now i cannot see how the death penalty is the right thing to do. Over here, life should mean 'life' not 15 years or so. Tougher prison terms should be brought in for a start. The law is very weak in this country. At least when it comes to punishments.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016

20. Too late?

You already inflicted your punishment on page 1? :eek:

Seriously it just shows how punishment needs thinking about, not just swift reaction?