Death

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Deleted member 33931, Dec 30, 2016.

1. As well you know, JJ, I'm just making sure you don't get away with Farage-like bar locks, that's all.

It's nasty, underhand, slimy, pernicious, scurrilous - and all too typical of some on here.

That's it - just making sure you ain't going to get away with it :).

A classic example: JJ: "I didn't know it was a crime to get pregnant these days DA.. How enlightening.."

Ooh-ooh - and again: "What's the answer to crime, if it's not punishment, then what?"

In neither case was what you tried to suggest I said actually what I said. If anything, it was quite the opposite

Oh, you cheeky little mite, you.

(By 'cheeky little' mite, I actually mean 'slimy and pernicious' mite. Farage would be well proud.)

2. [​IMG]

longboat likes this.
  3. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Are you saying you didn't imply, suggest or even hint, that there's another way with that post then DA? Must be something wrong with my English then (I'll have to blame Brexit for that,,, well it's blamed for everything else these days )

4. As well you know your sarcy comment about pregnancies was a pitiful attempt at tackling my observation that the kids of today are actually quite awesome (jeez - that must really stick in yer craw).

As for your ridiculous attempt at 'pre-empting' my thoughts on this subject - as tho' punishment should be got rid off - is again just that, ridiculous.

So, if you'd care to acknowledge these two wee points, we can move on.

Not that it will make any difference to you.

5. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

First of all DA, you mentioned the "yoof of today" and how teenage pregnancies were falling. Why mention this? Secondly, I'm not pre-empting your thoughts, I'm asking what you think society should do about crime these days? You seem to have some thoughts on the subject, but at the same time seem very reluctant to say what these thoughts are. Now that's out of the way perhaps you'd like to share with us, your thoughts on crime and punishment these days.

PS, all the best for the New Year DA. (I'm working tonight so will be welcoming the bells in with a cup of coffee) I look forward to your reply. ;);)

6. Enjoy your work, JJ - I'm sure there will be good spirits in the home (hopefully not the spooky type).

I'd better crack my knuckle joints and get typing, then.

Well, I will tomorrow at least :)

Best wishes :D

7. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Teenage pregnancies aside, what's your reasoning behind this statement? How are you comparing the difference between now and then?

8. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

My quick fire stock answer to capital punishment is a no, it should not be re-introduced as I believe it would take our country back to the dark ages. However, if the likes of Jimmy Savile or Fred West were still alive today, I can honestly not see a single reason to keep the likes of them alive. I don't believe they would be made to truly suffer for their crimes, due to human rights, so what would be the answer? Other 'fiends' such as Ian Brady and Peter Sutcliffe are kept in incarceration, but what purpose has that achieved, other than protection of other human beings from their imprisonment? They will never rehabilitate, are evil incarnate, pose a danger to all around them, are a massive drain on resources, and are wholly unrepentant for their crimes. What is the answer? Keep going until they die naturally?

I personally think that in only the most despicable of crimes should the sentence of death be a fitting punishment, but only after agreed by the highest governing bodies throughout the country (not sure how feasible it would be to work), with absolutely minimal media coverage to not glorify the situation. However, there would have to be serious systems in place to prevent an innocent person being sentenced, and an agreed degree of crime in which to impose the death penalty. Otherwise we'd be stringing people up off the nearest lamppost for not paying their council tax.

This thread is an excellent debate starter due to the initial black and white scenario, but life's hardly ever black and white is it? There's huge grey areas throughout.

9. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

I think we should reintroduce the stocks

We could then throw Remainers at them, hopefully knocking some sense into both.

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

10. What i meant to mean.

Once the death sentence is passed, there is no chance to change a verdict.

Course you can change your point of view.

What I mean though, is that you have to be really sure that death is the right penalty.

I do not, under any circumstances support the eye for an eye type punishment for other crimes.

Death in extreme circumstances, yes, but not for anything less than causing death.

11. Harry Stottle

Harry Stottle Screwfix Select

I'm against capital punishment because our legal system is such a shambles that the wrong verdict may be given resulting in an innocent person's execution. However we need to be tougher on crime, prison should be a place no-one wants to go back to, no more TVs in cells, buildings screened to prevent radio or mobiles transmission. Only enough food and water to keep prisoners alive.
    Punishment for drug dealers to be very severe with long jail sentences. Rapists and child molesters to be castrated before release if ever.
    Laws are the rules in the game of life, if anyone cheats during the game they should forfeit the benefits of civilisation.