Decor End Panel & Int Dishwasher

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by Scoobs72, Nov 22, 2008.

1. Scoobs72

Scoobs72 New Member

Got an integrated dishwasher at the end of a run with a decor end panel to go next to it, to finish the run. Tiles are already down. I can fix the end panel to the back wall and w/top underside, but does it need to be fixed to the floor as well, and if so, what's the best way? thx

2. L bracket drilled through tiles. Put it so its behind the plinth, so it will not be seen. Or silicone it, but thats a bit rough!

3. kitcheneer

kitcheneer New Member

I agree with KF1, I would use two L brackets, with the back one placed to resist the panel being knocked with a foot, maybe 150mm out from the wall. Some sort of sealant (silicone) rubbed into the bottom edge is good too, to stop water on the floor from damaging the panel

4. blueassedfly!

blueassedfly! New Member

you may aswell just sili the bottom edge in place cos once its gone of it aint going nowhere! i removed some MDF skirting that had benn sili'd to the wall once spent the rest of the day skiming!

5. Scoobs72

Scoobs72 New Member

I should have mentioned that there's UFH under the tiles, so I'm not going to risk drilling through them. Guess my only option for the front L bracket is to glue it to the floor. Or maybe I could put some packing between the DW and end panel to provide some support against it being knocked in by stray feet?

6. Scoobs72

Scoobs72 New Member

crossed posts with you Cordless. Sounds like silicone may be strong enough on its own?

7. kitcheneer

kitcheneer New Member

It would be strong enough, but you need to find away of holding it in position while it sets (panels often have a bit of twist on them).

8. blueassedfly!

blueassedfly! New Member

the L brackets to the wall and worktop should hold the panel well enuff whilst the sili cures out!

9. kitcheneer

kitcheneer New Member

Unless there is a bit of twist on the panel, and it is toeing in or out on the front edge.

10. blueassedfly!

blueassedfly! New Member

check the panel before screwing anything onto it, and IF its twisted BACK the f*er to, whence it came from:D

11. kitcheneer

kitcheneer New Member

Couldn't be bothered taking it back for a small amount of twist, personally, I'd find a way of holding in the correct position while the silicone went off, much qucker solution.

If it was badly twisted then obviously it would have to go back