Delivery Charges

Discussion in 'Screwfix' started by molerat, Jun 21, 2006.

1. milamber

milamber New Member

Totally agree. I've been a Screwfix customer for years. Just tried to place an order for plumbing consumeables (which had increased in price by over 30% between the Spring and Summer catalogues) then had a £6 charge for Aberdeen added. Another customer who won't be coming back....

2. Im_So_Right_!

Im_So_Right_! New Member

**** moaning over £6 .........

what a bunch of **** , I have had a bang on Brill service :)
    with them for years now ..;-)

they are **** on talk ... but the proper shop service better than loads ... mention no names ...lol

3. Measure2cut1

Measure2cut1 New Member

I bet I pay more for my malt because I don't live in the Highlands or Islands.

Don't pretend it does not cost extra to deliver to remote parts. Just be thankful it did not cost extra before.

PS What is the answer to the West Lothian Question?

4. speedysparky

speedysparky New Member

I also have been a customer for about 5 years and although at that time was getting charged £2.00 for delivery , didn't mind. This charge was then dropped after second month . But I would be considered remote as I live in Belfast , Northern Ireland . Although a £6.00 delivery charge isn't too bad considering this is for any amount of ordered I was a bit annoyed . I contacted customer services and they informed me that due to rising cost of fuel and courier charges a levy was required. If every one was charged even £1.50 for delivery I think most people would be happy enough .

5. sparkyNo1

sparkyNo1 New Member

dont speak cr*p measure2cut1 malt is the same price in your part of the country (england i presume) as in bonny scotland. and since when was Aberdeen effing remote

6. RSWIPE

RSWIPE New Member

Well Oldmeldrum must be REALLY remote - being only 15 minutes from the international airport at Dyce, Aberdeen.
    Only other carrier with which we are involved who class us as remote is UPS but they still deliver in two days and there are NO additional charges.
    We haven't ordered ANYTHING at all from Screwfix since they applied the SIX quid charge....!!

7. forster

forster New Member

berwick upon tweed- is considered 'remote' and is on the main A1, i'm considering going elsewhere in future, £6 is not a lot but i cant stand the underhand way they have been added, i think a complaint to trading standards is in order

8. sting1963

sting1963 New Member

its a total con i paid two sets of charges for a saturday delivery ,ordiary deliv £5.95 plus £ 8.00 for saturday deliv they made more on the postage costs than the product ... BEWARE

9. Vroom

Vroom Member

We're on Kintyre which is fairly remote but still mainland, and we get charged the extra £6. I tried to order a 10x10 garden shed a few months ago and it wouldn't even accept the order, extra postage or not. I placed an order direct with the manufacturer and they delivered it totally free, and it cost less than Screwfix listed it at.

We do seem to get ripped off a lot up here. In many cases even if you pay extra for priority delivery the goods still take the best part of a week because the big carriers just dump the stuff with a local carrier to deliver when they feel like it.