dewalt 907 12v drill

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by cosworth, Nov 23, 2008.

1. cosworth

cosworth New Member

hello. i got this drill free with a sds corded i bought from screwfix a while back and as been handy as a second drill to keep a pilot drill in or some screwing. but its so weak in power ive stopped using it all together now. its not had a lot of use either. so my question is do you think the problem is the 1.3ah batterys wich die after about 20 screws??? is it worth thinking about upgrading to a higher ah battery or give the drill up?

2. hallbeck

hallbeck New Member

I use 14.4v dewalt stuff - the new 2.6ah NiMh batteries are a vast improvement

3. markemark

markemark New Member

i use bosch and have 1.2 amp batery a 1.5 anp and several of the HD 2.6 nimh the 1.2 dont last very long at all the 1.5 is far better but as above 2.6HD last ages even on my bosch battery planer although mine are all 14.4

4. markemark

markemark New Member

i use bosch and have 1.2 amp battery a 1.5 amp and several of the HD 2.6 nimh the 1.2 dont last very long at all the 1.5 is far better but as above 2.6HD last ages even on my bosch battery planer although mine are all 14.4

5. handymanforhire

handymanforhire New Member

If it's handy then it's probably worth getting better batteries or having them re-celled. I've used these guys to re-cell, and bought third-party batteries from here; both have been excellent. Our hosts here also sell genuine DeWalt replacements as well, of course...

Personally I go for 1.9 or 2.0Ah batteries in anything that's going to be used regularly. Why not get one battery replaced/re-celled and see how it goes? If it works, you're quids-in, if not you can dump the lot on eBay ;)

Cheers, Pete

6. markemark

markemark New Member

or buy batteries of ebay there a lot cheaper there

7. blueassedfly!

blueassedfly! New Member

i love em so much ive got 2 (kitchen fiiting) but i do use the XRP 2.4ah batts with them but id never get rid as they fit inside 300 units so well! :) 1.3ah are ok for doing up hinge plates and such, so yep get bigger batterys for it!

8. cosworth

cosworth New Member

just going to rummage through the bin for it now cos it looks like new higher amps are the way to go then. cheers all.