Dewalt circular saw issues

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Richard764, May 14, 2022.

1. Richard764

Richard764 Member

So.. Question.. Anyone experience issues with dewalt circular saw..dcs391

Mine keeps cutting out, even with one cut, just seems to burn the battery out, even using 5ah 18v battery

Surely this cant be normal?

Cutting 18mm hardwood ply and oak veneer door, still shoulnt cut out like this though..

Thanks in advane

2. Truckcab79

Truckcab79 Screwfix Select

Tried another battery?

Richard764 likes this.
  3. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Are you trying to make the cut in one pass, or several passes? If one pass then the saw isn't powerful enough.

4. Richard764

Richard764 Member

So tried a very slow cut or shallow cut, tried fully charged battery, after one pass of a cut the bettery is dying, its as lf the motor is killing the battery far too fast

Using dewaly 5ah betteries.

Ta

5. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

What are the batteries like with other Dewalt tools? I have two saws of that model and they've both been superb, they do cut out if trying a full depth cut on a door, forcing the saw, or if the blade is blunt.

How old is your saw?

Richard764 likes this.
  6. Richard764

Richard764 Member

Less than a year old so planning on taking it back in the morning, blade is fairly new, one good diy job done with it so should be fairly good still

Should last longer than it does..

7. stevie22

stevie22 Screwfix Select

Is wood damp at all?

I would be looking at the blade if it was mine: try it on a bit of soft wood and see what happens. "Should be" covers so much that simply isn't.