Diamond hole saws.

Discussion in 'Tilers' Talk' started by longboat, Aug 25, 2019.

1. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Just a heads up to anyone looking for some of the above.
    I bought these... https://www.amazon.co.uk/Diamond-TACKLIFE-Bathroom-Drilling-Porcelain/dp/B074WL9BFS

After stumbling onto a youtube video from the US about cutting holes in glass and had a look to see if you could get them in the UK.
    I've used the 50mm to cut 3 holes and the 35mm 4, the 8mm has so far done 12 (all in porcelain) and they are still going strong.
    The wall thickness is much thinner than most dedicated brands on the market so they cut through quicker than all the other types I've used.
    For £12 you can't go wrong.
    Great product.

Heat, WillyEckerslike and CGN like this.
  2. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Can’t go wrong at that price. I had some similar ones from Lidl and they work great too. I just keep plenty of water on them whilst cutting.

3. FlyByNight

FlyByNight Screwfix Select

£12 / set is a good price.

I have several Screwfix own brand ones that are similar - £3 - £6 each and they have served well.

4. FlyByNight

FlyByNight Screwfix Select

Have often used mine in a pillar drill to put pipe holes in tiles before fitting. Just keep then wet and if an oval is needed, two or more overlapping circular holes then gently moving the tile sideways ...

5. Heat

Heat Screwfix Select

Very cheap! I used similar B&Q diamond hole saws and were excellent.