Diesel EGR fault

Discussion in 'Car and Van Talk' started by Muzungu, Jul 26, 2021.

1. Muzungu

Muzungu Screwfix Select

Yes, I tried all the spray in air intake gubbins of various sorts, just seemed to work for a week at most. I do a lot of short trips so it has lasted pretty well I suppose. I will be using the "expensive" diesel from now on and make sure I keep the revs up. They put this thing in the most awkward place they could, I suppose there must me some technical reason for it other than creating work for their dealer network, although I went independent for half the price. Limp mode couldn't get much over 50 which was embarrassing.

It'll be DPF next!

2. Adamfya

Adamfya Screwfix Select

No technical reason. Most power plants are assembled on a line, in a subframe with easy access all round. Body gets lowered on later and thats the end of the easy access!!
    Probably no thought goes into repair or replace at all.

3. Adamfya

Adamfya Screwfix Select

One of the alfa 147 is cat off just to change the oil filter.....
    Il leave you to decide if the alfa techs bothered changing the filters!!

4. Bazza-spark

Bazza-spark Screwfix Select

Somebody I know had trouble for months with a Honda CRV going into limp mode and engine management light on. His wife used the car for a week, screamed the nuts off it, no problems for the last 2 years lol :D

5. mark atkin

mark atkin Member

I had same problem done a forced regen didn't work had dpf clean it helped aittle but but after a good test found it was a stuck egr which I then replaced and boosts like new.