difference between a neon ceiling switch and a pull=cord switch?

Discussion in 'Electricians' Talk' started by 12benny, Jun 11, 2009.

1. 12benny

12benny New Member

what would the difference be between a neon ceiling switch and a pull-cord switch - devices are in same house two different bathrooms.

2. wet string

wet string Member

how longs a piece of string?

3. wet string

wet string Member

i guess you mean an isolator, a pull switch isolator is usually rated at 50 amps, used for isolating showers etc.
    a lighting pull swich is rated at only 6 amps

4. gazza2

gazza2 New Member

When i rebuils the en-suite i didnt want the oddity of a square shower pull and a round light pull

rank MK - and they said apart from the higher loading there is no difference - and said there was no reason not to use the shower switch on the lights ( obviously if you has a 6 am shower you could do it the other way around - HE HE) - anyhow - I have had the 50amp pull on the lights for 3 years - no issues

5. joinerjohn

joinerjohn New Member

I'd have thought that the main difference between the 2 would be the neon light that shines when one is switched on. Usually this is to supply a shower and so can handle a larger amperage. T'other one just supplies a light. But what would I know? I'm only a humble wood butcher. :)

6. 12benny

12benny New Member

thanks everyone for the replies.