Dishwasher in peninsula

Discussion in 'Kitchen Fitters' Talk' started by Anand, Apr 23, 2021.

1. Anand

Anand New Member

I'm self installing additional cabinets to make a peninsula for my kitchen with a breakfast bar on one of the sides.
    The integrated dishwasher will be at the end of peninsula, so wondering what kind of support would be needed for the quartz worktop and waterfall as the dishwasher doesn't really sit in any kind of carcass.
    • Would an end pannel and the waterfall be sufficient to support the horizontal part of the worktop ?
    • Would you suggest i extend the peninsular slightly to incorporate legs at the end for the worktop ? What is common practice here ?
    Thanks

2. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

What do you mean by "waterfall" ? An end panel will be enough to support the worktop next to the side of the dishwasher.

3. Anand

Anand New Member

Sorry, i'm having quartz also run down the side of the end panel mitred with the actual worktop - thought this was called a waterfall

4. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

Been fitting kitchens for over 30 years and never heard it being called a "waterfall" before lol, you live and learn, maybe it's salesman's speak. You will still need an end panel to support the top next to the "waterfall" though because the waterfall is decorative, it's not structural and won't support the worktop.

5. Anand

Anand New Member

I'v'e been fitting kitchens for zero years, so i'm 100% sure you're right ;).

I will have atleast an end panel, just wanting to confirm i don't need anything more structural such as some kind of timber framing to make it sturdier. Doesn't sound like it.

Thanks for the quick reply.

6. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

Obviously you will be fitting a back panel behind the D/W up to the end support panel ? As long as you are, that's all that is needed.

7. Anand

Anand New Member

Perfect, thank you.